NinjaJizzie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am currently entering my second term at uni and have three separate units one of which is commercial law and transactions. Would anybody be able to recommend a good textbook to work from? As my lecturer has failed to supply us with a reading list. Thank you!
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by NinjaJizzie)
I am currently entering my second term at uni and have three separate units one of which is commercial law and transactions. Would anybody be able to recommend a good textbook to work from? As my lecturer has failed to supply us with a reading list. Thank you!
Sealy and Hooley is decent and probably covers most of the course. I don't like Goode and McKendrick. There are a few books which cover different bits of what's probably in the course and are good - Atiyah etc on Sale of Goods for example. But if I had to pick one book it would be Sealy and Hooley.
Aspiringlawstudent
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sealy and Hooley is very comprehensive, but at times provides far too much information. It can be off putting to read through chapters and find too much detail. On the whole I would reccomend it because as I say it covers practically anything, but it's quite in-depth so be warned. It's about 2000 pages if memory serves me rightly.
ting
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
sealy even if it has more pages , its much easier to understand compare to atiyah
suffocation1992
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
Sealy and Hooley is very comprehensive, but at times provides far too much information. It can be off putting to read through chapters and find too much detail. On the whole I would reccomend it because as I say it covers practically anything, but it's quite in-depth so be warned. It's about 2000 pages if memory serves me rightly.
I think Sealy & Hooley is more of an introductory text (presuming you have knowledge of contract, tort and trusts already)? It is a wonderful black letter law text. If you wanted critique, I'd use Goode.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads