KPCN
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

I'm a 2nd year student and I'll be doing a year long placement at an investment bank in Canary Wharf. At my university, it's not very common for students to do a placement year and so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips when it comes to accommodation?

I have a few friends graduating this year but they start their graduate jobs in September and my placement begins in June.

Are there any good websites to find accommodation in London (preferably quite close to Canary Wharf)?

Thank you!
SuperPatchKid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KPCN)
Hi,

I'm a 2nd year student and I'll be doing a year long placement at an investment bank in Canary Wharf. At my university, it's not very common for students to do a placement year and so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips when it comes to accommodation?

I have a few friends graduating this year but they start their graduate jobs in September and my placement begins in June.

Are there any good websites to find accommodation in London (preferably quite close to Canary Wharf)?

Thank you!
I'm in the same situation except my internship is just a summer one - it might be worth asking your company if they have any information they usually give interns/ could put you in touch with any other interns they might be taking so you could figure something out with them?
KPCN
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by SuperPatchKid)
I'm in the same situation except my internship is just a summer one - it might be worth asking your company if they have any information they usually give interns/ could put you in touch with any other interns they might be taking so you could figure something out with them?
Ah I think for summer internships, you can look for accommodation at London universities.

And thanks for the advice, I might just do that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (173)
27.2%
Not great so far... (227)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.34%

Watched Threads