How many people can relate to this? Watch

Jabz257
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Lets just say for example your in your room at your desk, getting on with studying/revision, you're proper in the zone, the feel good factor for an hour or what not. Then you say to your self, time for a bit of relaxation, maybe a few games on the console, BBC Iplayer, YouTube etc. That is the exact moment your parent(s) decide to come into your room.

Mum/Dad: aren't you suppose to be revising, you have an exam in x number of days, every time I come in here you're not doing what you're suppose to be, how do you expect to pass your exams, blah blah blah.

Me: -_- yeah I was, I was just taking a break [thinking in my head] > out of all the time to come in, you chose now, like seriously.
kittybean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh yes.
And to top it off they don't close the door on their way out.
Jabz257
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by kittybean)
Oh yes.
And to top it off they don't close the door on their way out.
Ahh the not closing the door bit so annoying. Like my door is closed and I'll be doing work at my desk. My dad will just open the door, look at me and then just leave with the door half open -_-
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jabz257)
Lets just say for example your in your room at your desk, getting on with studying/revision, you're proper in the zone, the feel good factor for an hour or what not. Then you say to your self, time for a bit of relaxation, maybe a few games on the console, BBC Iplayer, YouTube etc. That is the exact moment your parent(s) decide to come into your room.

Mum/Dad: aren't you suppose to be revising, you have an exam in x number of days, every time I come in here you're not doing what you're suppose to be, how do you expect to pass your exams, blah blah blah.

Me: -_- yeah I was, I was just taking a break [thinking in my head] > out of all the time to come in, you chose now, like seriously.
yes i have that but worse because my desk is in the same room as my mums when im at home in the holidays (i live away for uni) and i like revising whilst watching iplayer e.c.t
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Be glad your parents wish you to be successful in your exams.
King Hotpie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jabz257)
Ahh the not closing the door bit so annoying. Like my door is closed and I'll be doing work at my desk. My dad will just open the door, look at me and then just leave with the door half open -_-
This. And then my cat will pounce at the opportunity to come in and try to sleep on all my notes...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads