anishagurung1995
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
My dad booked a student flight for me with STA travel without realising that we need the ISIC card

So we also purchased that as well for £9
and now it says that i need to post:
-Either a Student ID, letter or other document from your place of study confirming you're a full time student OR an Open University confirmation of registration for 60 points.
- Proof of your Date of Birth.

The thing is I don't have any Students card as my sixth form doesn't do it..
so what can i use as proof.
Also is it necessary to have an ISIC card?

Please reply ASAP, because I need to get the card before I travel abroad.
Thank you
RibenaRockstar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Get your sixth form administrator to write a letter confirming you're a full time student...
Grantaire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you have some sort of letter from your Sixth Form with your name on it? That would probably suffice, if not do what the previous poster suggested and get the administrator to write a letter for you.

I applied for my ISIC card in store, and whilst I did have student ID, the guy barely even looked at it. I think they're more interested in getting your money than checking whether you're actually a student. I'd be very surprised if they rejected your application.

Whereabouts abroad are you going?
I purchased my ISIC card for going to Moscow, because I'd read online that most places would only accept that for getting a student discount. When there however, my friend who only had a regular university ID, didn't have any problems getting student prices.

I'm not sure how long the postal application takes, but if you're going abroad soon, I would recommend applying for the card in store. You need some form of ID and a photo (of non-standard dimensions, I can't quite remember what, but it says on their website somewhere), but you can walk away with your new ISIC card after 10 minutes or so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads