best bank for (student) current account? Recommendations please... Watch

Delphinus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am looking to change my current account from Santander, because I have found customer service to be poor and also their online and mobile banking facilities are terrible (the app is in spanish? :confused:)

The main things I want are:

A good app for mobile banking
Good online banking facilities
Good customer service
Any freebies that come with the account are welcome (if any banks do this anymore?!)

Any recommendations??

Thank yaaaaaaaaa

BUMPPPP :bump:
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I find Co Op are great for customer service and their big overdraft. No freebies. Their mobile app is OK but you can only really check your account with it. I wouldn't switch though.
Solid.Snake
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm with Lloyds TSB and i love them!

Not only do they offer great customer service at my local branch but i also have a big overdraft and credit card with them with a limit of £1500 on each of them! :grin:
They don't offer much in the way of freebies but in terms of quality of service and everything i can't really fault them at all and love their online banking too!
Solid.Snake
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Also OP, i've heard lots of horror stories about Santander and their terrible customer service so i'm not too surprised to hear that you want to look to take your banking services elsewhere!
Honestly anywhere is better than Santander!
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You also need to consider whether there's branch nearby.
Alarae
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Any place but Santander, lol. I changed from them as soon as I moved to Uni.

I'm with Lloyds myself, never had any problems and the online banking is excellent

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had a lot of trouble with Lloyds.

The thing with customer service is that it's going to vary by branch.
Delphinus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
I find Co Op are great for customer service and their big overdraft. No freebies. Their mobile app is OK but you can only really check your account with it. I wouldn't switch though.
okay thanks, i'll consider them!

(Original post by Solid.Snake)
I'm with Lloyds TSB and i love them!

Not only do they offer great customer service at my local branch but i also have a big overdraft and credit card with them with a limit of £1500 on each of them! :grin:
They don't offer much in the way of freebies but in terms of quality of service and everything i can't really fault them at all and love their online banking too!
okay...i havent got any leaflets from Lloyds...i'll have a look and see what they offer. Do they have a mobile banking app?

(Original post by Solid.Snake)
Also OP, i've lots of horror stories about Santander and their terrible customer service so i'm not too surprised to hear that you want to look to take your banking services elsewhere!
Honestly anywhere is better than Santander!
trust me i know....i've had so many incorrect, duplicate letters and lousy customer service i need to leave! Plus i NEED a decent mobile app and online banking! It was okay when it was Abbey (who i started with)

(Original post by Alarae)
Any place but Santander, lol. I changed from them as soon as I moved to Uni.

I'm with Lloyds myself, never had any problems and the online banking is excellent

Lloyds seems to be populaaaaaaar! and santander the opposite
Alarae
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Santander are dire. They have the worst customer service rates of all the banks by far.

Oh to answer your other question Lloyds has a mobile banking app. I use it all the time

Empire08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've always been with Natwest and have never had any problems with them.

They used to do a free rail card, but I'm not sure if they still do that.

They also offer an interest free overdraft of upto 1.5k as well.
Delphinus
Rep:
?
:bump:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.47%
No I haven't decided yet (61)
23.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.42%

Watched Threads