Got degree, don't know what I want to do Watch

EvanM300
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I ll try to be very brief..I know these kind of threads are pretty boring..but some advice would be very appreciated.
Since I've got my BA in International relations (of which one year spent in Spain thanks to the Erasmus), I've been thinking about what to do with it..I mean, In the past I always had a passion for the international scenery and relations, organizations, NGO, governments, history, global economy etc, that is why I went for it..
In this last period I just reached the conclusion that I am not interested in it anymore, in fact my mind has started to focus in a different way, most related with private sector.
I am pretty sure about my skills and passions (languages, traveling, public speaking, meeting new people, technology, creativity, adaptability, money hungry) and because of them I am struggling trying to understand what kind of job could be suitable for me, what kind of industry could be the most adaptable and related with my skills and passions. I would like to work for a medium-big firm, get in deep with it, know it and represent it abroad, be in the small group sent to international meeting to take care of B2B relations.
My question is: what should I do in order to better understand myself and find out what to do, where to go? There must be someone else in my situation :O
ps: as you maybe noticed, English is not my first language
cheers
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well the first thing I thought was, 'financial services'... perhaps because that's the only kind of area I know. If you've got a basic aptitude for some maths there's a lot of careers you could be interested in. If you hate maths, there's still a variety of options... doing a masters might open some more doors, but I'm just giving a few ideas.
EvanM300
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Finance? actually I wonder how could my degree be useful in finance. I mean, normally most of the people who go for it, are graduated in economics or business isn't it???
Anyway, yes I do like maths and statistics and since you re working in finance, I would like to know something more about this sector and the careers you were talking about! My mind is totally open to everyone! thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads