DiyaM95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I applied to study the LLB Law course at LSE in October. In my personal statement, I included a paragraph on why I wanted to study Spanish Law, as I was applying for the Law with Spanish Law course at three of universities I applied to. Now, LSE don't offer the Spanish Law course, and they go a LOT on the personal statement. Everyone I know with the same grades as me (2 As 10 A*s at GCSE, AAAA at AS and A*A*A*A* predictions) received an offer for LSE Law in December - do you think that LSE will reject me because I included explained my motivation to study a course they don't offer?
I'll kick myself if I've screwed over my chances with LSE because of one paragraph!
xxxx
Lumos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
do they offer modules in spanish law?
danny111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If they offer no Spanish Law courses then well maybe. You could have e-mailed them beforehand.

LSE is international though so you might be fine?
DiyaM95
Rep:
?
(Original post by danny111)
If they offer no Spanish Law courses then well maybe. You could have e-mailed them beforehand.

LSE is international though so you might be fine?
I emailed them twice beforehand, they basically directed me to their website and they said the most important thing was that I explained the nature and extent of my interest in the course, but that they couldn't offer me any more information :/

They don't offer any modules in Spanish Law. I emailed Warwick as well, and they said that they'd understand that candidates can't write five different personal statements for five different courses - I just assumed that all universities would be just as understanding haha.

But now that they've 'held' me, I'm thinking LSE aren't too happy about that paragraph...
danny111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DiyaM95)
I emailed them twice beforehand, they basically directed me to their website and they said the most important thing was that I explained the nature and extent of my interest in the course, but that they couldn't offer me any more information :/

They don't offer any modules in Spanish Law. I emailed Warwick as well, and they said that they'd understand that candidates can't write five different personal statements for five different courses - I just assumed that all universities would be just as understanding haha.

But now that they've 'held' me, I'm thinking LSE aren't too happy about that paragraph...
Well you didn't get rejected either. I'd see that as a positive.
trisha.b
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I applied to study the LLB Law course at LSE in October. In my personal statement, I included a paragraph on why I wanted to study Spanish Law, as I was applying for the Law with Spanish Law course at three of universities I applied to. Now, LSE don't offer the Spanish Law course, and they go a LOT on the personal statement. Everyone I know with the same grades as me (2 As 10 A*s at GCSE, AAAA at AS and A*A*A*A* predictions) received an offer for LSE Law in December - do you think that LSE will reject me because I included explained my motivation to study a course they don't offer?
I'll kick myself if I've screwed over my chances with LSE because of one paragraph!
xxxx
Check this link

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergra...Statement.aspx

Here, they have mentioned

'This applicant also talks about their interest in Ancient History and how they wish to study this subject area. As LSE does not offer a degree in Ancient History, this would indicate that the applicant has not done any research about the courses we offer before they decided to apply.'

So, I assume it matters to them.

Hope this helps.
Cutmeloose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have an offer for LSE Law, and your decision may prove to be fatal. I'd assume that your almost flawless academics may be enough to bring you back from the brink.
DiyaM95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cutmeloose)
I have an offer for LSE Law, and your decision may prove to be fatal. I'd assume that your almost flawless academics may be enough to bring you back from the brink.
Fatal, didn't think I was gonna die because of it But yeah, they just did another batch of Law offers, so I'm really not hopeful at all. I don't think my academics are going to save me either...
DiyaM95
Rep:
?
(Original post by trisha.b)
Check this link

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergra...Statement.aspx

Here, they have mentioned

'This applicant also talks about their interest in Ancient History and how they wish to study this subject area. As LSE does not offer a degree in Ancient History, this would indicate that the applicant has not done any research about the courses we offer before they decided to apply.'

So, I assume it matters to them.

Hope this helps.
Aw crap. It's SO frustrating though, I emailed them TWICE before applying to ask them if it was okay, both times I failed to get a straight answer. All of the other universities where I was applying for straight Law (King's and Warwick) gave me definite answers and told me that they understand that applicants could be applying to courses which are different to each other and can't write five statements to cover five courses. I just assumed LSE would take a similar approach :'(
Cutmeloose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fatal, didn't think I was gonna die because of it But yeah, they just did another batch of Law offers, so I'm really not hopeful at all. I don't think my academics are going to save me either...
Not really much point speculating. Last year I received an offer in late March. This year, I got an offer before Christmas, with an arguably weaker application. So timescale doesn't mean much, I don't think they've sent out many rejections yet though..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed