The Student Room Group

Part Time Jobs.

So, I'm 16, soon to be 17.
I really need a job so I can afford to buy myself a car.
I'm wondering where would be good places to apply for part time jobs, being 16 and doing full time at college, I need to think about jobs that would suit me.
I've applied for mcdonalds, but I just need a flexible hours job.
Any ideas?
I'm sixteen too and what I did (haven't got replies yet as this was very recent) was I printed off a load of copies of my CV, and went round the local high street going into pretty much all the shops, cafes and restaurants asking if they were recruiting. About half of them asked for a CV, and they will get back if they have vacancies. If you say on your CV that you're looking for particular hours or something I guess that'll be fine.
I recently got a job from Clinton Cards as a Christmas temp . I handed out my cv to two whole shopping centers and they where the only place to reply , im unemployed again :frown:. Atleast I have a months experience now , but im back in the vicious cycle.
The best way to find a job would be ideally to look, and ask in-store.
BUT this isn't the only the you can do, personally I'd say the best thing to do, is to go onto we'll known retailers, and just work your way to the bottom of their web page, and look for 'careers', and simply look to see if there's any vacancies that way.
what Indonesia was looked at my local shopping centres website, ( Westfield, Stratford ) and went to a full list of their stores, and from there went to their websites and applied via there. Looking for a job at that age is very hard, but you are more likely to be employed as the company can get away with paying you less as you'd be under eighteen, watch out for that and don't let them take liberties with you.
Best places to look would be;
JD Wetherspoons (Let you choose your hours)
Schuh (Good atmosphere and really good pay)
Any supermarket
River island
Republic
Vue cinemas
Good luck job hunting and let me know how it goes!
Sorry for bad grammar, bloody auto correct

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending