Amaretto chocolate? Watch

xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey .

So, I'm being super organised and trying to find something for my partner for Valentine's Day.

He loves Amaretto, and I'd like to get him some flavoured chocolate along those lines.

I haven't a clue what's on offer, so I thought I'd ask TSR's resident foodies!

I would be thrilled if there was a shop I could go to, but if they're as unusual as I think, then online will be fine .

Thank youu!

Oh and plus rep to helpful replies, of course.
Miss Jean Brodie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe this? Although I suppose a cynical person would say that's £8 for chocolate covered raisins...

Or this?

Failing that, make him a nice amaretto chocolate cake or amaretto hot chocolate from BBC Good Food?
Bobifier
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mix 50ml of amaretto with 50ml of cream. Melt 100g of chocolate, mix it all together and stick it in a bowl in the fridge for a couple of hours. Get two plates and cover one with cocoa powder, then cover the palms of your hands with cocoa powder. Take your chocolate out the fridge. It is now solid but soft. Scoop out small balls with a teaspon, cover then in cocoa powder from the plate just by putting then on then turning them over, then roll them into balls between the palms of your hands (you may need to periodically replenish the coca powder on your hands or the plate. On the plate it will run out, and on your hands you need to re-do it if it goes thick and pasty). Put the finished products in a fancy box. You now have amaretto truffles!
MarinaAlex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bobifier)
Mix 50ml of amaretto with 50ml of cream. Melt 100g of chocolate, mix it all together and stick it in a bowl in the fridge for a couple of hours. Get two plates and cover one with cocoa powder, then cover the palms of your hands with cocoa powder. Take your chocolate out the fridge. It is now solid but soft. Scoop out small balls with a teaspon, cover then in cocoa powder from the plate just by putting then on then turning them over, then roll them into balls between the palms of your hands (you may need to periodically replenish the coca powder on your hands or the plate. On the plate it will run out, and on your hands you need to re-do it if it goes thick and pasty). Put the finished products in a fancy box. You now have amaretto truffles!
Wow that sounds great! Your boyfriend will definitely appreciate the hand made gesture

Posted from TSR Mobile
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Here is some amaretto flavoured, chocolate covered coffee beans...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.85%
No (182)
76.15%

Watched Threads