How to make girl friends at University? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It's my first year at University I've made a few friends but no girl friends (I'm a guy btw) living at home. How can I start making more friends (both guys and girls) Any tips?
amberjenkins
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
join societies and learn how to flirt slightly with any girl you meet, not as though they'll feel as if your hitting on them, but so that they feel comfortable around them, but the fail safe way to get friends as girls is to first get a girlfriend, that'll be the quickest way.
Anonymous #1
Thanks any more tips?
MancBoy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by amberjenkins)
join societies and learn how to flirt slightly with any girl you meet, not as though they'll feel as if your hitting on them, but so that they feel comfortable around them, but the fail safe way to get friends as girls is to first get a girlfriend, that'll be the quickest way.
One doesn't have to flirt to make female friends.

OP just speak to the girls as you would speak with your guy mates. Girls appreciate that.
Gemma345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, just speak to them and try not to appear nervous - they're probably really nervous too and are desperate to make friends, so I wouldn't worry
Wattsy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Talk to people, it's all you can do, the more people you talk to the more opportunities you give yourself to make friends.
pinkbullets
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just make small talk with them, joke around a bit and smile at them. Do it while you're waiting to go into a lecture hall or a society or something. And then next time you see them just stand next to them and you'll already sort of know each other so it'll be easier. It's probably easier to go for the ones that are standing on their own rather than the ones in groups.
emilie18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's my first year at University I've made a few friends but no girl friends (I'm a guy btw) living at home. How can I start making more friends (both guys and girls) Any tips?
Honestly, the best advice I can give you is just smile and say "hi" to people in your class / waiting in the corridor with you / library / whatever. It's not complicated, any friendly girl will smile and say hi back, just go from there really... :rolleyes:
marcus2001
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Make eye contact and slowly dance around her, if she seems interested then grab her hands and dance with her, then get her number
joey11223
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well...just speak to them like you would if you were going to make friends with a guy you'd just met. They're not some mystical creatures, just treat them the same. I mean you might want to consider the topic of conversations slightly, if they're not into sport and you are, maybe leave that aside, they're also a little less likely to want to hear about your drunken escapades or how nice of an ass that girl over there has.
ZRO
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just say hi then get to talking? Not hard :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
3309will
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
be nice. If you want to make friends of the opposite sex, just be nice. All of my female friends at uni have all said to me that they don't have many guy friends because normally all a guy wants to do is bed said girl. I know people will be like 'wut no' but it's true.
Anonymous #1
Wow thanks for the tips!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads