Turn on thread page Beta

Spain-11th march, US-11th sept, exactly 911 days between the two dates, coincidence? watch

ReputationRep:
    There not sure if it was Al Qaeda now.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you there isn't even such a group as Al Queda - it's purely a scapegoat for the media to blame every single terrorist attack on. I highly doubt yesterday's attack was by ETA - it was too professional for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I bet you there isn't even such a group as Al Queda - it's purely a scapegoat for the media to blame every single terrorist attack on. I highly doubt yesterday's attack was by ETA - it was too professional for them.
    So if it's not Al Queda and not ETA..who then?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Could have been a more extreme splinter grop. The 'Real ETA', if you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    It could be a small group of spanish terrorists, it could be one person, it's not exactly difficult to construct bombs and plan a terrorist attack. Terrorist organisations don't require millions of pounds to fund their attacks. Plans for bombs are quite accessible and the components for them are not difficult to find either.

ReputationRep:
    It could just be an individual. Timothy McVeigh managed to kill 300 in the Oklahoma bombing acting alone. Building a bomb is really piss easy so you don't need to be a member of a sophisticated terrorist unit to wreak havoc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It could be a small group of spanish terrorists, it could be one person, it's not exactly difficult to construct bombs and plan a terrorist attack. Terrorist organisations don't require millions of pounds to fund their attacks. Plans for bombs are quite accessible and the components for them are not difficult to find either.
    Yes, it's possible.

Do you think it's related to Spain supporting the war on Iraq?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    It could just be an individual. Timothy McVeigh managed to kill 300 in the Oklahoma bombing acting alone. Building a bomb is really piss easy so you don't need to be a member of a sophisticated terrorist unit to wreak havoc.
    you dont have such coordination from a single person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will1y2)
    thats true you do call, 911, how weird
    i think you are all veering from the point here though.
    imagine a terrorist attack of this size in your local town or city.
    thinking about one in manchester it would be devaststing.

Whilst I hate to play into stupid culture, I was sardined on the metrolink this morning, coming into Victoria, and couldn't help notice the similarities.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's possible.

Do you think it's related to Spain supporting the war on Iraq?
    I don't know. I guess it could be, or it could just be some nutter who's not happy with the spanish government. I'm not going to pretend that i know the person's motives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Whilst I hate to play into stupid culture, I was sardined on the metrolink this morning, coming into Victoria, and couldn't help notice the similarities.
    I know the feeling of being..sardined.

It's worse when you're surrounded by people that don't exactly smell nice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I don't know. I guess it could be, or it could just be some nutter who's not happy with the spanish government. I'm not going to pretend that i know the person's motives.
    Yeah, sure.

It's just that it said on the news that it could be related, just wanted to know everyone's opinions.

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling of being..sardined.

It's worse when you're surrounded by people that don't exactly smell nice...
    Trying to get on a 8.30am is just not funny. Though it is funny when the doors open and people come tumbling out and have to try and pack on again, even funnier when people step out to let somebody move out or something and then they can't get back on. I think the worst thing about being sardined is when it comes to a halt, and you go flying forwards into the person in front of you because you have nothing to grab onto. Or when you find a door which has room, and some old lady pushes past you and takes the space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Trying to get on a 8.30am is just not funny. Though it is funny when the doors open and people come tumbling out and have to try and pack on again, even funnier when people step out to let somebody move out or something and then they can't get back on. I think the worst thing about being sardined is when it comes to a halt, and you go flying forwards into the person in front of you because you have nothing to grab onto. Or when you find a door which has room, and some old lady pushes past you and takes the space.
    Lol yeah. I go on around that time too and I was in a rush, and there was absolutely no room to get on. People were overflowing, but I just got on never the less, squashed the person even more that was standing by the door. I'm actually surprised the doors closed, with my bulky bag anyway.
    They really should make the trams more regular, especially at that time. It's a hazard.

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah. I go on around that time too and I was in a rush, and there was absolutely no room to get on. People were overflowing, but I just got on never the less, squashed the person even more that was standing by the door. I'm actually surprised the doors closed, with my bulky bag anyway.
    They really should make the trams more regular, especially at that time. It's a hazard.

Where do you get it from?

Yeah they should, that 12 mins delay message is so annoying, and they have double trams on when they're needed.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm, it is a very big coincidence and it's absolutely awful! It's just disgusting, I really don't understand some people.
    We are in trouble if Al Quaeda helped ETA, like things couldn't get any worse.
    I personally think thats the most likey possiblity.

I don't understand everyone who counts the days... a bit pathetic to be honest. It's real people we are talking about. 190+ dead... that's probally the size of, say your sixth form. 1,300 odd killed, one, maybe one and half times your schools. Sept the 11 killed so many you can't put it in context. But think, your sixth form killed, your whole school injured...

Too many people to start comparing dates and numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txt_eva)
    I personally think thats the most likey possiblity.

I don't understand everyone who counts the days... a bit pathetic to be honest. It's real people we are talking about. 190+ dead... that's probally the size of, say your sixth form. 1,300 odd killed, one, maybe one and half times your schools. Sept the 11 killed so many you can't put it in context. But think, your sixth form killed, your whole school injured...

Too many people to start comparing dates and numbers.
    Whether you like it or not, they're just another statistic and so are we. I don't re-call anything being brought up about the thousands of innocent civilians killed in Afghanistan.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody feel that perhaps the UK media and public are not being as errr, 'caring' as perhaps they would be if it were somewhere else. I can't help thinking if 200 people had died in London, or even Paris, not only would the UK public have reacted alot more like they did to 9/11, but so would the rest of Europe.

There was that message left wasn't there, "Where are Britain and the US, your allys now?" I think it's a shame that this is true. If we're going to do all this shoulder to shoulder, push on for our way of life stuff, we should be doing it with Spain, and we're not.

ReputationRep:
    i cant help thinking that if this had happened in warsaw noone would have bat an eyelid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    you forgot about the leap day. there were 912 days between the two. anyway, its all coincidence.
    very well pointed out

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.