Turn on thread page Beta

Spain-11th march, US-11th sept, exactly 911 days between the two dates, coincidence? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Amazing! Im' usually one or two stops down at Crumpsall or Woodlands Road. Are you Manchester bound or Bury bound?
    Manchester, I get off at Crumpsall...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Manchester, I get off at Crumpsall...
    Oh okay. Why do you get off at Crumpsall? You don't goto Abraham Moss do you?

btw sorry for all the weird questions, I'm not a stalker, I just find it odd that you live minutes away from me and I'm wondering if I've seen you around.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay. Why do you get off at Crumpsall? You don't goto Abraham Moss do you?

btw sorry for all the weird questions, I'm not a stalker, I just find it odd that you live minutes away from me and I'm wondering if I've seen you around.
    No, I don't.

It's ok.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't.

It's ok.
    oh okay

ReputationRep:
    oh okay
    It'd be funny if you were one of these people I push and squash on the tram everyday and I don't even know it's you.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be funny if you were one of these people I push and squash on the tram everyday and I don't even know it's you.
    Probably not, heh once though, somebody blocked the door, and I couldn't get off at Crumpsall, and got stranded in Bowker Vale. Have you noticed that one of the trams that comes around 8.30 is called EROTICA? :|

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, heh once though, somebody blocked the door, and I couldn't get off at Crumpsall, and got stranded in Bowker Vale. Have you noticed that one of the trams that comes around 8.30 is called EROTICA? :|
    Lol, seriously?

I havn't actually seen that. I better start going on a bit later now.

ReputationRep:
    The question is if ETA committed this then why on earth would they direct it to al Qaida and openly deny the act? How would it serve their cause? It doesnt make any sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorNO)
    The question is if ETA committed this then why on earth would they direct it to al Qaida and openly deny the act? How would it serve their cause? It doesnt make any sense.
    maybe they werent expecting the explosions to be so deadly, and they are putting the blame on someone else to not lose their support

ReputationRep:
    On the otherhand...

Islamist extremists have the following motives:

• 1. For Spain's support & alliance with america in the Iraq war.

2. For Spain's huge success in capturing muslim terrorists.

3. The need to make an example for those who support America.

4. Old accounts. In medieval times the Spaniards reconquered all lands stolen by muslims and drove all muslims into the sea. A very humiliating defeat for the whole Ummah (muslim world).

ReputationRep:
    Terrorist cu*** - Get a f***ing life.

ReputationRep:
    mm

ReputationRep:
    are you sure that it is actually 912 days not 911 days taking into acount of time differences across the world? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    maybe they werent expecting the explosions to be so deadly, and they are putting the blame on someone else to not lose their support
    That is absurd. The ETA are highly experienced bombers and isnt it quite obvious what 12 Bombs in 3 crowded trains would do?

It doesnt make sense to blame the ETA for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    My birthday is 29th of November.
    29/11.
    I am 20 in two years.
    29 - 20 = 9
    =
    9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111one
    Yay, mine too. Happy birthday way in advance

ReputationRep:
    i would say that since the bombings were so extremely well planned it has to have been something people have planning.
    i cant imagine it being a coincidence either. There are exactly 911 days between the two dates and it was two and a half years later which makes me think the sick minds of Al Qaeda who could be behind th

as i said before i think the only way anyone could understand the full impact of the bombings, would be if it happened to them in their local town or city, and they experience it themselves.

i also think the media put far too much emphasis on cases which dont really matter, such as the footballers being locked up in spain, when there are hundreds dying every day in places such as Burundi, Haiti and
    Liberia from civil war and millions dying from genocide in Rwanda, bosnia and iraq-(noone bothered to care at the time).
    Also look at many african countries in which it is happening at this very moment, such as zimbabwe.

im sure we'll find out soon the true story

(p.s) i get the met too quite often but from eccles to piccadilly gdns.

ReputationRep:
    also, not wishing to scare anyone, but is anyone concerned of the terrorist raids happening in manchester, and the finding of the al qaeda training manual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will1y2)
    i would say that since the bombings were so extremely well planned it has to have been something people have planning.
    i cant imagine it being a coincidence either. There are exactly 911 days between the two dates and it was two and a half years later which makes me think the sick minds of Al Qaeda who could be behind th

as i said before i think the only way anyone could understand the full impact of the bombings, would be if it happened to them in their local town or city, and they experience it themselves.

i also think the media put far too much emphasis on cases which dont really matter, such as the footballers being locked up in spain, when there are hundreds dying every day in places such as Burundi, Haiti and
    Liberia from civil war and millions dying from genocide in Rwanda, bosnia and iraq-(noone bothered to care at the time).
    Also look at many african countries in which it is happening at this very moment, such as zimbabwe.

im sure we'll find out soon the true story

(p.s) i get the met too quite often but from eccles to piccadilly gdns.
    i think it could be al qaeida as well but why madrid?

ReputationRep:
    As doctorNO said before i think these seem plausable
    Islamist extremists have the following motives:

1. For Spain's support & alliance with america in the Iraq war.

2. For Spain's huge success in capturing muslim terrorists.

3. The need to make an example for those who support America.

4. Old accounts. In medieval times the Spaniards reconquered all lands stolen by muslims and drove all muslims into the sea. A very humiliating defeat for the whole Ummah (muslim world).

does anyone else have any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i think it could be al qaeida as well but why madrid?
    Because they were on the US/UK's side...?
    I'm not sure.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.