Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Spain-11th march, US-11th sept, exactly 911 days between the two dates, coincidence? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpAnIsH_fLy)
    Spain claims that there was a suicide bomber on one of the trains
    Before the attack?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    Before the attack?
    i mean there was someone on one of the trains that detonated the bomb and died with the otherz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpAnIsH_fLy)
    i mean there was someone on one of the trains that detonated the bomb and died with the otherz
    Have they got proof to back it up?

ReputationRep:
    I feel so sickened by this news. Does this mean we're next, that I can't ever feel comfortable on a train again? Extra security on trains would be impossible to achieve.

The Islamic militants' main targets are the United States and Britain, but also Spain and Italy, who joined the coalition forces in the Iraqi invasion.

This does not mean that the other European countries are safe from harm. Islamic terror is turning on Western societies as a whole.

Athens yesterday formally asked NATO to help provide security for the Athens Olympics. We are not on their "list" but I am sure that they would do everything to draw everyone's attention and the Olympic games could be a great opportunity for them.

Completing the procedure that had already begun, the government today asked the Atlantic alliance to contribute to the security of the Olympic Games, mainly in the fields of aerial alert, the joint monitoring of the seas and protection from chemical, biological and radiological incidents. However who could feel 100% secure when they know that just one suicide bomber could be able to kill many people?

(Original post by Danithestudent)
    I love the way they said they found an arabic newspaper in one of the cars or carriages or bags the bomb in. Funny that 192 people were killed but a collection of paper survived. All those things were obviously planted by Eta
    Nothing makes sense is the problem. Arabic newspaper - utter utter coincidence, for gods sake there are plenty of arabs living in spain!!!
    Arabic tape in the van with the detonators - not the hardest thing to get hold of.
    the very VERY early email claiming responsibility - not typical
    and this 911 days - utter crap. especially as 911 is only significant to yanks, and it was 912!!!

Then there's the other side. This bear no hall marks to eta, but eta is close to collapse. they've abandoned targeted assassinations and bombings and turned to IRA esque mass death.
    An eta plot with a truck full of explosives - not typical of eta was foiled the other week
    The detonation was by mobile phone - typical of ETA
    The explosives were dynamite - typical of eta
    The actual explosive material is identical to that seized earlier...from eta.
    All happened just before the elections...

It's complete *******s. Eta is totally behind this. If it were Al-Q we'd have had a video tape released by now

(Original post by foolfarian)
    Nothing makes sense is the problem. Arabic newspaper - utter utter coincidence, for gods sake there are plenty of arabs living in spain!!!
    Arabic tape in the van with the detonators - not the hardest thing to get hold of.
    the very VERY early email claiming responsibility - not typical
    and this 911 days - utter crap. especially as 911 is only significant to yanks, and it was 912!!!

Then there's the other side. This bear no hall marks to eta, but eta is close to collapse. they've abandoned targeted assassinations and bombings and turned to IRA esque mass death.
    An eta plot with a truck full of explosives - not typical of eta was foiled the other week
    The detonation was by mobile phone - typical of ETA
    The explosives were dynamite - typical of eta
    The actual explosive material is identical to that seized earlier...from eta.
    All happened just before the elections...

It's complete *******s. Eta is totally behind this. If it were Al-Q we'd have had a video tape released by now
    Conspiracy time - could be the american's trying to drum up support for their lagging 'war on terror'... Would be a good way to do it, especially as all the evidence points to a home grown problem (which every country has) rather than outsiders
    J

The Basque separatists have only hit Spanish targets and have, so far, not employed such methods. There are signs that this could be the work of Islamic terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Conspiracy time - could be the american's trying to drum up support for their lagging 'war on terror'... Would be a good way to do it, especially as all the evidence points to a home grown problem (which every country has) rather than outsiders
    J
    Ugh, no way. That is so stupid. You are exposing America as something so evil when I believe they ARE humanistic and ethical and wouldn't even dream of doing something like this.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to forget that this was also three days before the election here in Spain, all campaigning has ended and it's reminding everyone of Rovira, the ridiculous catalan politician who made a deal with ETA. As foolfarian said, this is probably ETA, almost all Spanish believe it to be. Fifty years of terrorism, 100% of it has been ETA. And I can't say for sure that Al-Qaeda isn't involved, but be it ETA making a deal with them or selling them bombs or whatever it is, I am sure ETA is involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    The Basque separatists have only hit Spanish targets and have, so far, not employed such methods. There are signs that this could be the work of Islamic terrorists.
    Yes, that's true but it's just a coincidence that there were immigrants in those trains. ETA is getting desperate, a LOT of it's main leaders have been arrested, they've had tons of failed attempts for months now (too unusually inactive). They're brainwashing generation after generation of Basques. This could simply be a change to the ETA way of doing things, it hasn't worked for the past 50 years, perhaps because it thinks it's been too subtle. BUT I don't discard the probability that it could have been Al-Qaeda.

If blasts were staged by ETA, ruling party (partido popular) will win votes.

ReputationRep:
    out of interest does the eta hate/love al qaeida?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    If blasts were staged by ETA, ruling party (partido popular) will win votes.
    Partido Popular would have won anyway, regardless of ETA. But I won't get into the political system of Spain, there'd be too much to say.

What ETA want is to remind people of Rovira's negotiations with them. Perhaps the only way to be safe is to allow politicians to follow this man's lead and make deals with those terrorists? They also want to separate parties even more. If Partido Popular wanted to criticise PSOE (counterpart to labour, I think) they could because PSOE had an alliance with Rovira's party, but thank goodness they aren't. RIght now, it's best to keep unity, even between rivals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    out of interest does the eta hate/love al qaeida?
    ETA has never said anything about Al-Qaeda, the only thing they ever talk about is their ridiculous struggle to make Basque country independent.

if you dont include either march11th or september11th it is actually 911days

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    umm no then it's 910 days (912-2)
    I think the person meant if u leave out 1 of the days - either sept 11 or march 11.

ReputationRep:
    well ETA always claim their attacks, and give prior warning, i dunno it may just be a change in tactics, but what abt this letter from a splinter grp of al qaeda claiming responsibility. I dont think that this was actually al qaeda but it was a group which supports and sympathises with them, so in essence its the same thing.

On the other hand spanish authorities only recently intercepted ETA activists with vans full of explosives which they were going to apparently put on trains ... so thats very similar to what happened a few days later, who knows ... its very confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanB)
    well ETA always claim their attacks, and give prior warning, i dunno it may just be a change in tactics, but what abt this letter from a splinter grp of al qaeda claiming responsibility. I dont think that this was actually al qaeda but it was a group which supports and sympathises with them, so in essence its the same thing.
    Yes, ETA usually do. However, a few years back they bombed Hipercor, a department store killing about 80 or so people. They gave no warning, but it was later proven that it had been them.

(Original post by HasanB)
    On the other hand spanish authorities only recently intercepted ETA activists with vans full of explosives which they were going to apparently put on trains ... so thats very similar to what happened a few days later, who knows ... its very confusing
    Not only that, there have been other failed attempts and last Christmas eve, they tried to bomb Chamartin train station. One of my best friends was on that train, thank goodness it was found by the police.

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE - trinigyal if you dont include either march11th or september11th it is actually 911days

yeah thats what i was saying

"La policía ha detenido hoy en el centro de Madrid a dos indios y tres árabes para investigar su supuesta participación en los preparativos de la cadena de atentados que causó 200 muertos en Madrid."

So, we just have to wait and see if they really are involved in the attacks.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.