Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vertago)
    im vegetarian, and i dont eat any animal flesh or meat! fish have feelings to, you know!!
    And so do the billions of insects killed each year so you can eat your vegetables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amazing)
    Presumably that doesn't make you a "proper" vegetarian then - you haven't really made the decision to never eat meat in any circumstances, you've just decided not to eat meat produced under certain conditions, which has led to you being unable to eat over meat purely out of financial necessity.

May I say I really admire you for actually realising that not eating meat full stop doesn't always help animals in the long run. There are far too many silly overly idealistic vegetarians who would probably end up wiping out half the animals in Britain by accident if they had it their way, or who aren't even aware of the millions of animals that die each year producing the crops they eat.
    Well I havent eaten meat in over 2 yrs. So I dont know to be honest whether Iwould be able to again. But I'm not against other people eating meat i realise that its a personal choice but I am a fan of old fashioned farming and things like this sicken me.

http://www.kfccruelty.com/animals.html

Even animals bred to be slaughtered dont deserve such awful treatment.

ReputationRep:
    video nasty :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Well I havent eaten meat in over 2 yrs. So I dont know to be honest whether Iwould be able to again. But I'm not against other people eating meat i realise that its a personal choice but I am a fan of old fashioned farming and things like this sicken me.

http://www.kfccruelty.com/animals.html

Even animals bred to be slaughtered dont deserve such awful treatment.
    i suspect that video is a wee bit biased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    i suspect that video is a wee bit biased
    neway they have subcontractors and what proves that htis is kfc, its blatently some sick ****s have gone and done this, spoling those chickens lives and then make it look like kfc have done it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    what is your motive for not eating meat?
    I dislike the taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommorris)
    I dislike the taste.
    good on ya - i have been a veg for 6 years vegan for 8 months and fruitarian for 2 of those months - recently became fruitarian again - 2 weeks now

ReputationRep:
    I am a veggie (No fish) and have always been. Here is an interesting stat. At the moment there is not enough food for the world to be fed healthily. If everyone was vegetarian we coyuld feed the world five times over. Crops are much better energywise per acre than livestock is.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I am a veggie (No fish) and have always been. Here is an interesting stat. At the moment there is not enough food for the world to be fed healthily. If everyone was vegetarian we coyuld feed the world five times over. Crops are much better energywise per acre than livestock is.

MB
    Exactly. Good point. Energy from crops is lost in the food chain if it is fed to livestock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    Exactly. Good point. Energy from crops is lost in the food chain if it is fed to livestock.
    agreed with the previous 2 points

ReputationRep:
    agreed. i have only been vegetarian for 4 months!! but i feel VERY disgusted by meat!! does it make anyone else feel sick?

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably the only one who is not a vegetarian but doesn't eat fish! Ah well, allergies are silly...hmfff...

Oh God that video is horrific...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)

MB

How? The crops fed to animals are very different to what we eat; we wouldn't be able to eat the sort of stuff grown for animals, and the land used to grow those "animal" crops would be unsuitable to grow stuff for our needs. Plus we'd have a hell of a lot of hungry animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vertago)
    agreed. i have only been vegetarian for 4 months!! but i feel VERY disgusted by meat!! does it make anyone else feel sick?
    Yep, although i havnt tried it for 7 1/2 years so im not that sure. I don't plan to try though.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, although i havnt tried it for 7 1/2 years so im not that sure. I don't plan to try though.
    good for you - i am pretty disgusted by the sight/smell of meat - and even the smell of milk and butter is getting to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    good for you - i am pretty disgusted by the sight/smell of meat - and even the smell of milk and butter is getting to me
    I can't have milk as im lactose intolerant (not terribly but half a glass of milk will cause me pain) so i naturally detest milk.

ReputationRep:
    I can't have milk as im lactose intolerant (not terribly but half a glass of milk will cause me pain) so i naturally detest milk.
    are you a vegan in that case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    are you a vegan in that case?
    No, eggs don't have the same effect. And i can manage chocolate as theres little milk in that. Its mainly things like milk in tea, and milk in cereal. Nice soya type drink thing called so good is what i drink. mmmmm. I was a vegan because of it about a year ago for a while.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so suprised about the number of vegetarian people here! Good on you guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I'm so suprised about the number of vegetarian people here! Good on you guys!
    Yep there are quite a few !

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.