Edinburgh Napier Uni Audition?

Watch this thread
Sahnestarck
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey guys!

I recently found out that i got an audition at Edinburgh Napier University for Acting and English!! It's really exciting, but the audition seems pretty scary. Anyone else like me right now haha? Audition is on the 15th of Feb, maybe we'll see each other there!
KearaMckay
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sahnestarck)
Hey guys!

I recently found out that i got an audition at Edinburgh Napier University for Acting and English!! It's really exciting, but the audition seems pretty scary. Anyone else like me right now haha? Audition is on the 15th of Feb, maybe we'll see each other there!

Hey, yeah I got one too for the 16th but going to phone up and see if there is any other dates avaible because its a Saturday and not sure if I can get it of work. The audition is quite alot for a weeks notice better get prepared aaahh
lmackenzie4
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Hey guys! How did your auditions go? I've got one on the 2nd of March and I'm mega-nervous
KearaMckay
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Hi mine got changed to the 2nd of march

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saxonvoter
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Hi!

I just got my invitation (15th of March) a couple of hours ago. And since I live in Finland, I can't exactly go there so I'll have to make a video for them and upload it to Youtube. I'm super nervous already, and I'm gonna be so stressed during these next few weeks because I also have finals coming up on the same week my audition tape has to be sent!

Good luck to you all.
Courtney G
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Did you have to sing a song? It's on the list but I am not sure if that's mandatory?
KatieHarper2
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
im thinking of applying to this course, does anyone know what a devised piece means? as in do i have to make my own piece up like improvisation?
ENUOfficial
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by KatieHarper2)
im thinking of applying to this course, does anyone know what a devised piece means? as in do i have to make my own piece up like improvisation?
Hey Katie

On our website, it mentions:

"The audition will be in three parts: a classical speech (Shakespeare) - we will send you a selection to pick from

a two-minute devised piece, which might reflect something about yourself
a song to be sung a cappella (pick your best 16 bars of music)."

An email goes out explaining the process requirements, it can change as different academic staff take on the responsibility but the example above is a good guide though what to expect.

I hope this helps

Stef @ ENU
KatieHarper2
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ENUOfficial)
Hey Katie

On our website, it mentions:

"The audition will be in three parts: a classical speech (Shakespeare) - we will send you a selection to pick from

a two-minute devised piece, which might reflect something about yourself
a song to be sung a cappella (pick your best 16 bars of music)."

An email goes out explaining the process requirements, it can change as different academic staff take on the responsibility but the example above is a good guide though what to expect.

I hope this helps

Stef @ ENU
thank you so much
KatieHarper2
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
do you know if Inverness college does the same thing for the short written workpiece, do we have to make our own scene?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
22.86%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
8.57%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
11.43%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
8.57%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
22.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
25.71%

Watched Threads