The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
alocin
iTunes is wonderful, its best if you can get as many people on your network to download it as possible so that there is more chance of someone having it open who has music you like!

PS: Still searching for my tunes...

ROCK ON! I just found My tunes. - I'm now going to buy an ipod to show my appreciation for APPLE.
I'm using allofmp3.com - a very cheap legal (thanks to the very liberal copyright laws in Russia) download service. You top it up with 'credits' (just like a mobile phone), and can download MP3's or other file formats of any album they have got. They have most chart stuff, and lots of good alternative stuff and, unlike some of the file trading networks, they always run at a consistently decent rate. The credits go a long way - (US) gets you a megabyte. That means an album comes in at around $0.70-$1. And due to the exchange rate, I can get about 8-10 albums worth of stuff for around a fiver.
Reply 22
iTunes and now My Tunes - I love them both so very much!

Thanks very much to Baron for mentioning it and Daveo for finding it!

*listens to new Idlewild*
I have heard that the various powers that be can track you so they can sue you if you use a filesharer using th uni network.
If you just want MP3s, then go and download Piolet (no spyware, popups, etc) will have almost any song recorded, but it's only for music. Oh, and obviously it's free!
Reply 25
alocin
iTunes and now My Tunes - I love them both so very much!

Thanks very much to Baron for mentioning it and Daveo for finding it!

*listens to new Idlewild*

no problem :smile:
Reply 26
wiffmaster
If you just want MP3s, then go and download Piolet (no spyware, popups, etc) will have almost any song recorded, but it's only for music. Oh, and obviously it's free!

p2p programs don't work with the uni internet connection tho, so thats why we use itunes +mytunes :smile:
Reply 27
my friend had a nasty meeting last week and her connection cut cos she had been caught downlaoding. Apparently the uni had got a nasty letter about copyright and then picked up who was downlaoding on the server.
Reply 28
Well we are only sharing music between a few people on our halls network, not downloading off the internet. I hope that will be okay. I want to marry the guy who invented My Tunes, I really do!
Reply 29
alocin
Well we are only sharing music between a few people on our halls network, not downloading off the internet. I hope that will be okay. I want to marry the guy who invented My Tunes, I really do!

i just found out that there are about 60 people on my uni's network using a program called DC++. Its not as easy to set up as iTunes but last night there was 1.1 terrabytes (thats alot) of music, movies and stuff on it

its hard to get working because there has to be a person on the network acting as a server tho, so you have to find out who it is

download rate sint bad either :wink: :
Reply 30
alocin

marry the guy who inveneted DC++, its better
Reply 31
wiffmaster
Kazza, imesh, morpheus are all CRAP....sooo much spyware, kills your computer eventually. If you do have to get them, get AD-AWARE6, which gets rid of (most) of the rubbish.

Do what i do, pay about £15 for 30 months membership to download-doctor.com. No spyware, No pop-ups, virus scannning, unlimited downloads, etc. Just like Napster used to be in the 'good old days'

K-lite is good. I have an old version of the install kept on my HD at all times and never install it for more than a day, deleting regestry files and user statistics each time. Not perfect, but good enough for music rushes in which I get half a gig of music overnight, then spend a week sorting it out and finding any decent songs.

Latest

Trending

Trending