Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    any 1 know how much it costs to get a paper remarked. I resat one of my psychology modules. At AS i got 82/105 which is a high B but this time round i got 67/120 a low C. I was very surprised at this mark as I am predicted to get an A in psychology and it is the subject I am goin 2 do at uni. D'u think i shud ask for it to be remarked... People I know who are a lot worse than me in psychology got better scores as well.

ReputationRep:
    most of the time when you get remarked u lose marks because they go over the entire paper much more thoroughly and do not give u the benifit of the doubt on marks they usually do.

ReputationRep:
    If you get the express marking i think it's about £30 a paper (for Edexcel)

It may be worth re-sitting instead. It may be worth a re-mark - you never know. I had 3 maths papers re-marked last year although i almost didn't go through with it because Maths questions have a very clear answer and structure and i thought i may just waste £100 odd. I went through with the re-mark and got 3 marks (which actually turned out to be quite vital and got all my money back)

With psychology the questions have a more open answer and i guess it really depends on your examiner marking the paper. You may as well go for a re-mark you haven't got that much to lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    If you get the express marking i think it's about £30 a paper (for Edexcel)

It may be worth re-sitting instead. It may be worth a re-mark - you never know. I had 3 maths papers re-marked last year although i almost didn't go through with it because Maths questions have a very clear answer and structure and i thought i may just waste £100 odd. I went through with the re-mark and got 3 marks (which actually turned out to be quite vital and got all my money back)

With psychology the questions have a more open answer and i guess it really depends on your examiner marking the paper. You may as well go for a re-mark you haven't got that much to lose.
    They may mark it down lower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    They may mark it down lower?
    So, if they're not happy with their current result they would re-sit anyway. So there is really more to gain than lose.

ReputationRep:
    thanks 4 the advice so far does ay1 know if u can request uyr script first then ask for a remark or not?

whats the point in gettign exams remarked? especially for things such as physics, computign, biology ???

(Original post by ankur1986)
    thanks 4 the advice so far does ay1 know if u can request uyr script first then ask for a remark or not?
    i don't know but logic would say no. maybe if they give you photocopy. you could alter the script and then give it back.. doesn't work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa12)
    whats the point in gettign exams remarked? especially for things such as physics, computign, biology ???
    You may not think there is much point in getting Maths re-marked and neither did i. But i can tell you it was worth it, i gained an extra 3 marks moving my A level maths up to a C - meaning i was offered an unconditional offer to start leeds university in September 2004.

ReputationRep:
    Maths papers often get upgraded because they've simply neglected to count the marks from a certain question, apparently. Either way, I'd recommend you don't get a remark, but request your paper back, and have your teacher look at it to see if he/she thinks it was mismarked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mxx)
    i don't know but logic would say no. maybe if they give you photocopy. you could alter the script and then give it back.. doesn't work
    no id no't think u understood wat i was askin. i was askin can u get a copy of ur script back 2 have a loooki at 2 see if there is a mistake and then ask for a re-mark.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.