The Student Room Group

How to answer Religious studies GCSE edexcel questions?

Hi, I am confused sometimes, I know the whole topic by heart but i don't know how to write in B,C and D type question. My teacher says detailed answer in C type questions but how much detailed and can you please provide examples, Thnx
Reply 1
B questions generally need two explained points of the same opinion
C question need four explained points showing signs of knowledge ( Opinions not neccessary)
D questions usually need two different opinions, one supporting your idea, the other with "why someone may disagree with you" Try to include a total of 3 explained points.

Examples:
B - I believe ...... because ...... Also, I believe ...... as .....
C - (Depending on the question) - One reason for this may be as ........ (add one piece of evidence) ........ Also, ....... (explain reason for answer) ....... Another reason could be ...... (elaborate)...... Lastly, ....... (explain)
D - I believe ....... because ....... (explain in detail)
- however someone may disagree because ..... explain ..... and......
Reply 2
Thanks for the help I was struggling with what a c type question is
(edited 8 years ago)
rlly helpful ended up getting a good grade thanks :-)
Reply 4
My teacher told me not to say what I believe but on here it says to what do I do
Reply 5
how can I write a paragraph of Christian teachings today
Original post by fatzz.u
how can I write a paragraph of Christian teachings today

If you make your point i.e "One christian belief today is..." then "They believe this because..." (include evidence here), explain why it is important to them and how it impacts their life, if you're comparing then say why it's more important than something ekse.

Quick Reply

Latest