Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does ne know when universities have to make their decisions by? My application was processed in October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportsman)
    Does ne know when universities have to make their decisions by? My application was processed in October.
    April, i presume since you need to return your choices to UCAS by the 28th of April.

ReputationRep:
    and by when do we have to make our decisions as to firm and insurance choices? - does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    And by when do we have to make our decisions for firm and insurance choices? - does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    and by when do we have to make our decisions as to firm and insurance choices? - does anyone know?
    It depends when you get your last reply. See here: http://www.ucas.com/getting/deadlines/index.html for the deadline dates.

ReputationRep:
    Universities have to give in their decisions by the 16th March, UCAS have to let you know by the 31st March, you then have to reply by the something of april.

ALll this is on the condition you handed in your form on time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peapod)
    Universities have to give in their decisions by the 16th March, UCAS have to let you know by the 31st March, you then have to reply by the something of april.

My form was processed in November and they want my A6SF form in by April 28th - really really nervous now, I know I want Liverpool but I don't know if they'll let me have Edinburgh as my insurance because Liverpool is my lowest offer :confused: I think I'd rather reply on the web - clicking a button is much easier than writing 'D' against all my other offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmazda86)
    My form was processed in November and they want my A6SF form in by April 28th - really really nervous now, I know I want Liverpool but I don't know if they'll let me have Edinburgh as my insurance because Liverpool is my lowest offer :confused: I think I'd rather reply on the web - clicking a button is much easier than writing 'D' against all my other offers!
    Yes they will let you do that, just doesn't seem much point!

ReputationRep:
    Yes they will let you do that, just doesn't seem much point!
    Heehee, I know, but I take some sort of odd comfort in knowing that I have an insurance choice, just in case I freak out at the last minute and change my mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmazda86)
    Heehee, I know, but I take some sort of odd comfort in knowing that I have an insurance choice, just in case I freak out at the last minute and change my mind!
    You can't change your mind and go to your insurance instead though. If you get the grades for your first choice you're legally bound to go there.

ReputationRep:

WHAT?? I thought the unis have until May to tell you their decisions! You've got me really worried now, as I still haven't heard from Durham or St Andrews (and my UCAS form was processed in early October).

ReputationRep:
    I still have until July 1st coz' I'm international Whee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    I still have until July 1st coz' I'm international Whee!
    lol, ur so lucky lilsunflower! but i'm still waiting to hear from one more uni.......so whenever they decide that will be, i can then make my decision. but if i only have until 28th april.......i'll probs end up going mad trying to make up my mind in the next month!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    WHAT?? I thought the unis have until May to tell you their decisions! You've got me really worried now, as I still haven't heard from Durham or St Andrews (and my UCAS form was processed in early October).
    I was told this by a senior tutor at Durham and it quite clearly says 31st March in the booklet you'll have been sent.

Son't worry, I'm still waiting too!

ReputationRep:
    the reply differs depending on when you get your final reply... i don't have the actual details with me, but i do know that the April 28th reply date is only if your final uni decision is before 31st March... but if not it can go well into may/june time.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.