The Student Room Group
Reply 1
have a look on the Blackwells website. They have reading list for most Unis. They have a reading list for the UWE physio course.
Reply 2
amylou
i just wondered if any one knows what books will be on the reading list for september?teesside uni said they would send me a list in advance but i havent received anything yet, ive got a few already, just wanted to know which ones i should keep, thanks!

I seriously wouldn't buy anything until you get there. Unitl you're using the books day in and day out you won't know what suits your learning style.........the books on the list suggested by lecturers and there are based on what they like, but they might not suit you. The anatomy text I have isn't on the reading list here, but I like it more than the texts that were suggested.
And some books are suggested as reading only, not as books that you should actually buy. There was an electrotherapy book on our list, I didn't buy it but loads of people did - now it turns out we don't do electrotherapy again so people spent 30 quid on a book that they used for one term and won't use again and there were loads of that book available i the library.,

As someone who's been through the whole book buying thing twice trust me when I say you're best off waiting and saving your money and making purchases later.......plsu second and third years often sell books they no longer want yso you can pcik up bargains
Reply 3
ok cheers jackie il hold on before buying any then......but ive got 11th edition tortora anatomy and physiology, do u reckon i would be needing anything like this when i start the course...or should i just sell it and make some money??
Reply 4
amylou
ok cheers jackie il hold on before buying any then......but ive got 11th edition tortora anatomy and physiology, do u reckon i would be needing anything like this when i start the course...or should i just sell it and make some money??

that'll be a handy book -don't sell it!
amylou
i just wondered if any one knows what books will be on the reading list for september?teesside uni said they would send me a list in advance but i havent received anything yet, ive got a few already, just wanted to know which ones i should keep, thanks!

Hi amylou I am going to Tesside as well! Hope we can get to know each other.

so far as the books are concerned I would think it is best to wait until you can actually have a look at the books in the uni library and decide which is best for you.

I used the tortora book but found it quite dryly written and if there was another alternative such as Ross and Wilson I think I would use that instead. I am going to buy the latest edition of Ross and Wilson's colouring book (comes out May 16) to have a try at learning some of the anatomy which we will need.

Other than that I am just going to buy the books I need as they are needed and only after checking the library to see which suits me best.

Latest