Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how much do u really keep in touch with friends once u go to uni?
    well - I'd assume u do drift apart, but when does this start to happen?
    any experiences?

ReputationRep:
    One word: Internet. Makes distance friendships so much easier (and cheaper). To tell you the truth, though, I've probably spent as much time at home as I have on my (thoroughly appalling) course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiltsrock)
    how much do u really keep in touch with friends once u go to uni?
    well - I'd assume u do drift apart, but when does this start to happen?
    any experiences?
    Yeah, I'd like to know that too - I really really really don't want my circle of friends to drift apart, but I think it's probably inevitable. I'm going to try and keep in contact by email as best I can, but it can't be the same as seeing each other in school every day.
    Do those people, already at uni, find that they still find as much to talk about with their old friends, as before, when they meet up in holidays and so on?

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, i hope to keep intouch with my best friend cos we're quite close, and i'mn goin to durham, and i know of at least 6 people goin to the same uni and 5 of them are in the same college as me (st aidens) so keeping in touch shouldnt be that hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    Well yeah, i hope to keep intouch with my best friend cos we're quite close, and i'mn goin to durham, and i know of at least 6 people goin to the same uni and 5 of them are in the same college as me (st aidens) so keeping in touch shouldnt be that hard
    What'll you be studying there?
    (I'll be in Mary's studying English lit.)
    See you in October *grin*
    )

ReputationRep:
    My friends have gone to uni this year and you do totally drift apart. It becomes very difficult to get the whole gang together and you end up repeating stories hundreds of times to each person!
    The people who I'd now count as my closest friends are the ones that have stayed at home this year too.

Saying that I'm in better contact with a friend in Uganda than I am one in Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    What'll you be studying there?
    (I'll be in Mary's studying English lit.)
    See you in October *grin*
    )
    I'm doin chem

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.