(Original post by eric bischoff)
    mine says it

there updating the system
    why do you have to have such a big sig?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    mine says it

there updating the system
    updating it how? how long does that normally take?! cudnt they do it at an hour wel all b asleep?! darn msn makers/runners whatever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Only one in particular.
    Ah, I know who that'd be, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    when he box comes up press help, it takes you to a status page
    Oli, can you sign in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    You should be a mod!
    I don't think i'd be very popular if i was. I'd do too much of a good job and people wouldn't be happy about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Oli, can you sign in
    nope :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I don't think i'd be very popular if i was. I'd do too much of a good job and people wouldn't be happy about it.
    LOL!

(Original post by cobra01977)
    nope :mad:
    Double Lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    LOL!

Double Lol!
    i just read this:

Security alert
    Microsoft has also been busy in the security arena, revealing a host of flaws affecting some of its more popular Internet titles.

A vulnerability in Outlook 2002 was first publicized early in the week when Microsoft released a patch to prevent an attacker from using a malicious Web site to cause an affected PC to download and execute a program. However, Microsoft raised the severity rating of the flaw to "critical," the highest level, after its initial analysis was challenged by the researcher who found the security hole.

It's the third time in the past 18 months that Microsoft has upgraded the severity of a security flaw. In December 2002, it upped two "moderate" vulnerabilities to "critical" status, after the researchers who found the holes cast doubt on Microsoft's initial classification.

The vulnerability in MSN Messenger versions 6.0 and 6.1 could let an attacker view the contents of a victim's hard drive during a chat session with the victim. Attackers "could view files through MSN Messenger on their computer," said Stephen Toulouse, security program manager for the Microsoft Security Response Center. "They can do it, and you are not necessarily aware of what they are doing."

People who do not block anonymous chatters are most vulnerable to the exploit. When anonymous chatters are blocked, the attacker has to be identified on the victim's address list. To obtain particular information, such as credit card numbers, attackers have to troll the hard drive.

The latest variant of the mass-mailing Sober worm is delivering a potshot at Microsoft by masquerading as an official Microsoft patch for the MyDoom worm. Sober.D is technically similar to its previous incarnation as Sober.C, where it used its own SMTP engine to send copies of itself to e-mail addresses found on infected systems. Sober.D spreads either as an executable attachment or inside a password-protected Zip archive attached to an e-mail.

Once a person clicks on the file, the worm scans the PC to see if it has already been infected. If the system is clean, a small box appears with the message: "This patch has been successfully installed." If the system is already infected with Sober.D, the message says: "This patch does not need to be installed on this system."

maybe messenger is updating this systems to eliminate a few holes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    There's already a thread about MSN messenger and they even brought this up. Why did you have to make a duplicate?
    They tend to go their own ways.
    Sad ennit.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had any luck signing in yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    no
    me neither

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    Unfortunately not!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Still working fine for me I can sign in and out at will.
    that last comment confirms that you are as evil as ur avatar

ReputationRep:
    Still working fine for me I can sign in and out at will.
    Do you have MSN 6.0 or the updated 6.1?? Could that be a factor????

G

ReputationRep:
    AARGGGGGGGGGH! WHY ISN'T MSN/HOTMAIL WORKING. I'VE HAD A TERRIBLE DAY AS IT IS, HAVE JUST GOT IN AND AM SOAKING WET AND TIRED AND PROMISED TO BE ONLINE BEFORE TEN AM. :mad: :mad:

(lets out a deep breath and bursts into tears).

p.s sorry for coming on here and venting out my frustration

ReputationRep:
    I have 6.1.0207 if that's any use.
    Could be...cos i have the older 6.0 version.....but there is a 6.1 version out. Maybe the 6.1 one works..but the 6.0 one doesn't??? What does everyone else have....name which version and whether or not it works please...lets try and solve this enigma!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    AARGGGGGGGGGH! WHY ISN'T MSN/HOTMAIL WORKING. I'VE HAD A TERRIBLE DAY AS IT IS, HAVE JUST GOT IN AND AM SOAKING WET AND TIRED AND PROMISED TO BE ONLINE BEFORE TEN AM. :mad: :mad:

(lets out a deep breath and bursts into tears).

p.s sorry for coming on here and venting out my frustration
    hello there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Do you have MSN 6.0 or the updated 6.1?? Could that be a factor????

G
    I have 6.0 and it's not working nor is hotmail, arghhh!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sign In
    The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. Please try again later.
    Last Update: 12/03/2004 12:38:00 Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.