The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XKoolX
Any suggestions?? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is it? A presentation? A debate? A role play? Be a little more specific please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
No its the individual asessment wen you talk about a topic alone and answer questions about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XKoolX
No its the individual asessment wen you talk about a topic alone and answer questions about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is classed as the individual presentation. There are many things you can talk about. I wouldn't suggest you pick a topic for the sake of it - pick a topic you are passionate about and can answer questions on.

My friend isn't the best speaker - by far - he has poor grammar etc, but he picked a topic he was passionate about the whole class' mouths' dropped. That allowed him to gain an A*.

Here are a few you can choose from, but pick a topic you feel passionate about:

Adverts before a film at the cinema - how ridiculous?
A tV you show you love or lathe.
Cars, aeroplanes, etc - if you are passionate about any particular model.
Countries.
Foreign food,
Common irritating habits,
Why we should/nt have school uniform?
Apps,
Evolution,
New planets,

I hope these possible topics can help you find a topic you can use to get a good grade. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I seem to remember needing something with a debate? So, something like tuition fee increases, increasing the school leaving age to 18, NHS, etc.
Pick something you are passionate about - it really doesn't matter what the subject is on, but if you can speak passionately and confidently about it, it will make your speech better.

My friend did hers on why she's a vegetarian, and another did one on why they disagree with smoking. You could look in the news for topical subjects?
i would suggest something individual i have just done mine on welsh politics and got an A* SO BE DIFFERENT
Original post by roflcakes1
Pick something you are passionate about - it really doesn't matter what the subject is on, but if you can speak passionately and confidently about it, it will make your speech better.

My friend did hers on why she's a vegetarian, and another did one on why they disagree with smoking. You could look in the news for topical subjects?

i would agree with you but i would have to say #BE DIFFERENT because it is well doing it on something in the news but everyone will be doing that just be #AMAZING and speek about something that interests you :h:
Original post by XKoolX

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUO:biggrin:
Original post by XKoolX

Posted from TSR Mobile

fight me
Reply 10
lets go
Reply 11
What can I say about smoking? Any suggestions please
help
u culd dy
what are the topics for english 2017 speaking exam paper 5 ? code of syllabus 511
I'm doing mine on Tuesday, and my teacher made us do Poems from the Lit paper...
Original post by XKoolX

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi could you tell me a topic that could be something that is conman problem in today world
I talked about the Nazis as it was a topic that I knew I could speak about with relative ease and was passionate about the subject matter
Pick something you know a lot about and feel passionate about. Can be a football club you support, any of the debates currently happening and reflecting on them like Brexit, NHS v privatisation, talk about your country etc
Reply 19
How about the statement that feminism has become redundant??

Latest