Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Here goes a few we had:

1. The chocolate industry
2. The evolution of Jazz
3. Basketball, with specifics on top players.
4. Event planning
5. Evacuation Go bags
6. Jewellery making
7. Crafting, specifically bow making.
8. Paintings and top artists

It has to be something you know a lot about, and passionate on the subject. You will need to use technical lingo to get the top marks, and you can do it without notes, but you can reference back if need be. Try to take in items to illustrate what you are talking about (the chocolate presentation student brought it different types of chocolate (ie USA, European and UK). Keep it on time, even with the questions. etc.

I did a handout with further reading, informational sources and places for people to take notes. I also took in examples of the thing I was discussing.

Oh make sure you are on time as the door is locked when the exams start, and you wont be allowed in if you are late and thus you fail your GCSE. It is also recorded.
itsageorgia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My speech was about feminism and how it has been morphed into something that it wasn't intended to be. My friend did her speech on marxism. Someone else did a speech about benefits. Another was about legalising weed. Basically choose something that interests you and you can either say a lot about or can really focus on one area of it. The teacher gave us some example topics such as:
- being older makes you wiser. is this true?
- schools care more about grades than student welfare
- school uniform, good or bad?
- why we do or don't need the nhs
- why [insert tv show/film/etc] is the best

also i wouldn't worry too much about it as although the grade is on your report card, it doesn't actually count towards your final grade at all!
Hockeylover027
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My school is making us do our presentations on the play we're doing an inspector calls and we have to pick a topic from it I was thinking of doing something on the class system and how people in power neglect it. I'm not sure how to start it when I get going ill be fine.
123chem
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hockeylover027)
My school is making us do our presentations on the play we're doing an inspector calls and we have to pick a topic from it I was thinking of doing something on the class system and how people in power neglect it. I'm not sure how to start it when I get going ill be fine.
I only dropped by here to say that you have a nice username XD
LazarBeam7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HELP!! I can't decide what topic to do for my spoken language presentation in English.
LazarBeam7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please, someone help.
2hoursadayBOI
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Keith chegwin
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just pick a topic that you can talk about for 5 minutes with some jargon thrown in, and answer questions on for a further 5 minutes. That's it. For me I had so many subjects that it took me a while to choose.

Here's an exercise that may help - imagine you are standing near a group of people talking about a subject, what would that subject be for you to join in that conversation.
Rhumlova
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I need help.In 4-5 days I'm presenting a presentation for English. It's a speaking assessment and many people are speaking about like volleyball or a brand but I want to do something a bit different pls help if you can.
username3585844
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by XKoolX)
Any suggestions?? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
The topics are endless but I'd find it much easier answering questions about a topic I'm passionate about.
fheudfhs
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
htjirejhreejt
Rhiannon edwards
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would suggest something which includes all aspects. I’m thinking of doing something like conspiracy theories as there is so much to talk about included in this subject. Could I have some advice please?I’m not sure on good ideas or whether mine will get a high grade?
jamal v
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ndde
taraMtaylor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
WJEC topics areCitizenshipWorld of WorkWalesTechnology Leisure
huadhai/oakn'
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no thanks buddy
maria_4877
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
also what are the exam specification/marking criteria for this GCSE as it would really help me in my speech.
dman02
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oi shut up bruv or ill bang u up innit
naj1485
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 110student2002)
hi could you tell me a topic that could be something that is conman problem in today world
you could do equality-like gender gap and pay gap and how stupid it is
hope this helps
naj1485
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dman02)
oi shut up bruv or ill bang u up innit
lmao im deeaadd
stefans.spawn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
could i do end of the world THEORIES ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
14.48%
The paper was reasonable (733)
55.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (295)
22.37%
It was TERRIBLE (100)
7.58%

Watched Threads