The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Do i need to do an EE in Economics/Business/Maths to stand out?

Hi I'm in my IB1 and im taking these subjects
Maths HL
Economics HL
Business HL
Malay A1 SL
English SL
Bio SL

I was wondering if I should do an extended essay on business/economics in order to do accounting and finance at lse? And what would be other ways to strengthen my application to go to LSE? LSE is my dream school!I would do anything to further my studies there. I would prefer to do English Linguistics actually due to my interest with the language.
nd btw is maths HL essential? I am incredibly passionate about mathematics but i'm no genius though.I actually have some interest with Economics, but looking at the requirements.. maths HL 7 is quite hard.. what do you think?

I knew about how Business and Management is a non-traditional subject, and unis dont like it, but I have no other choice since my school lets us do those subjects only.. :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by syanaz142
Hi I'm in my IB1 and im taking these subjects
Maths HL
Economics HL
Business HL
Malay A1 SL
English SL
Bio SL

I was wondering if I should do an extended essay on business/economics in order to do accounting and finance at lse? And what would be other ways to strengthen my application to go to LSE? LSE is my dream school!I would do anything to further my studies there. I would prefer to do English Linguistics actually due to my interest with the language.
nd btw is maths HL essential? I am incredibly passionate about mathematics but i'm no genius though.I actually have some interest with Economics, but looking at the requirements.. maths HL 7 is quite hard.. what do you think?

I knew about how Business and Management is a non-traditional subject, and unis dont like it, but I have no other choice since my school lets us do those subjects only.. :frown:

I did my EE in biology, and I got an offer for econ. Yes, the condition is a 7 in HL math, but it's definitely do-able. Of course I can't speak for your math abilities, but if you enjoy math and are willing to work hard, go for it!!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by cc2468
I did my EE in biology, and I got an offer for econ. Yes, the condition is a 7 in HL math, but it's definitely do-able. Of course I can't speak for your math abilities, but if you enjoy math and are willing to work hard, go for it!!

wow really? may i know ur results?
I'm planning to do it in English (Language/Linguistics).. cause I know I will do much better on it than Econs I guess.. and it wouldn't take up much time as Econs would like my teacher said.. wht do u think?
Hi there. I honestly don't think that writing an EE on a different subject matters greatly. After all, LSE doesn't ask to see your EE, nor do any other great universities. If you do write it in Econ/Business/Maths, then that's great! But don't be pressured to choose that topic just because you want to get into that course!
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by syanaz142
wow really? may i know ur results?
I'm planning to do it in English (Language/Linguistics).. cause I know I will do much better on it than Econs I guess.. and it wouldn't take up much time as Econs would like my teacher said.. wht do u think?

I didn't take it yet, but I (think) I was predicted 44/45. I didn't know you could apply for English at LSE, as it's a social sciences institution. Econ requires a lot of math, so that should be a factor in your decision-making. I think any degree will require a lot of time, but if English is where your strength/interest lies, then I would go for English.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending