The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otrivine
this is where the pigment absorbs max amount of light and shows distinct peak of region and each pigment gives a specific colour depending on the wavelength. Photosynthetic pigment and the primary pigment reaction centre.

Want to do endocrine and hormone ?

No sorry... I appriciate that you have done bits here and there. But I am still following the 'school order' of teaching. :s-smilie: So I have done, respiration, and nerves/synapse only. And now on photosynthesis and liver and kidney (only began so have no clue of the stuff). :biggrin:

What is meant by an autotroph?
Original post by Future_Dr
No sorry... I appriciate that you have done bits here and there. But I am still following the 'school order' of teaching. :s-smilie: So I have done, respiration, and nerves/synapse only. And now on photosynthesis and liver and kidney (only began so have no clue of the stuff). :biggrin:

What is meant by an autotroph?

oh ok, want to do liver/kidney and synapse and neurone?

Autotroph is the synthesis of complex organic molecule from (simple)inorganic molecule such as co2 and water, there is photoautotroph is which the organism uses light energy and chemical energy. In addition, the chemoautotroph is for example the nitrifying of bacteria and is involved in the recycling of nitrogen in which the ammonia is converted into nitrite and nitrite into nitrate.
Already did the exam in January, wasn't that bad, but I bet I'll be crying over the results on Thursday! Good luck to everyone in june :biggrin:
Original post by reneetaylor
Already did the exam in January, wasn't that bad, but I bet I'll be crying over the results on Thursday! Good luck to everyone in june :biggrin:

Hi how are you :smile: ! I am dreading over F325:s-smilie:
Hi how are you :smile: ! I am dreading over F325:s-smilie:

Haha, I'm okay thanks, you? Results on thursday... :eek::eek:!!
And it's quite a lot of content to cover but not too challenging I think :smile:, if you start revising early you should be fine!
And it's quite a lot of content to cover but not too challenging I think :smile:, if you start revising early you should be fine!

Can you ask me questions my friend on liver/kidney, neurones , hormones , systems and like the glucose/temp regulation
oh ok, want to do liver/kidney and synapse and neurone?

Autotroph is the synthesis of complex organic molecule from (simple)inorganic molecule such as co2 and water, there is photoautotroph is which the organism uses light energy and chemical energy. In addition, the chemoautotroph is for example the nitrifying of bacteria and is involved in the recycling of nitrogen in which the ammonia is converted into nitrite and nitrite into nitrate.

Not quite.. good try. :smile:

Autotrophs are basically organisms that synthesis complex organic molecules throught using energy from the sunlight or chemical reaction (chemical) and also use inroganic molecules. There are photoautotrophs which use sunlight and inorg. molecules to make complex organic molecules which have chmeical potential energy. And there are chemoautotrophs that uses chemcial energy from exogonic reactions to make complex org. moleccules.

Hi, are you doing this paper in June too? which results are you getting on thursday?
Not quite.. good try. :smile:

Autotrophs are basically organisms that synthesis complex organic molecules throught using energy from the sunlight or chemical reaction (chemical) and also use inroganic molecules. There are photoautotrophs which use sunlight and inorg. molecules to make complex organic molecules which have chmeical potential energy. And there are chemoautotrophs that uses chemcial energy from exogonic reactions to make complex org. moleccules.

Are you sure? cause in the book they gave the example with the bacteria nitrification?

The definition was told to us like this by the teacher.
Hi, are you doing this paper in June too? which results are you getting on thursday?

Hopefully not! Unless I'm retaking, and I'm getting the results for this module :smile:, as we did it first.
The paper was alright, in my opinion.
Can you ask me questions my friend on liver/kidney, neurones , hormones , systems and like the glucose/temp regulation

LOL.

I've actually forgotten. Whoops!!

Nearly :smile:
How does the speed of transmission of nerve impulse differ in a myelinated neurone than of that in an non-myelinated one?
LOL.

I've actually forgotten. Whoops!!

Nearly :smile:
How does the speed of transmission of nerve impulse differ in a myelinated neurone than of that in an non-myelinated one?

hehehe :smile:

The speed on transmission in myleinated is faster and due to conduction velocity and helps to speed the nerve impulse.
Are you sure? cause in the book they gave the example with the bacteria nitrification?

The definition was told to us like this by the teacher.

Well if you look at the defination for on the left, that's what it says. I guess you can get away with it then :smile:
Hopefully not! Unless I'm retaking, and I'm getting the results for this module :smile:, as we did it first.
The paper was alright, in my opinion.

Oh so your soing F215 now? Good luck with that one.. not so much for the difficulty but it's so much to know....as you'll find out during revision period. :wink:
Well if you look at the defination for on the left, that's what it says. I guess you can get away with it then :smile:

You know I dont know if this is a good way or not, but in F214 the definitions are more complicated I try to change the words around so the info sinks into my brain? do you think this is a good idea:confused: tell me now before its too late
Oh so your soing F215 now? Good luck with that one.. not so much for the difficulty but it's so much to know....as you'll find out during revision period. :wink:

Haha yeah!...:nooo:
:biggrin:, probably just gotta start early!! And there is definitely so much to learn so far!!
You know I dont know if this is a good way or not, but in F214 the definitions are more complicated I try to change the words around so the info sinks into my brain? do you think this is a good idea:confused: tell me now before its too late

I think this is a much better idea rather than just learning the definations word from word. However what is also important is to kno your keywords.

I read the paragraphs before looking at the definations. I really try to understan the paragraphs for that sub topic first and then look over to the 'key defination' to see if my understanding fits the defination. Then I read the defination slowly and then in my mind 'underline' key phrases which I think are 'marks' then I write my own down using the phrases.

This will not only help me to remember much better but also gives me a better understanding so helps me understand the topic well. :smile:

BTW: Have you seen the grade boundaries? They are Sooo high this year. :s-smilie:
BTW: Have you seen the grade boundaries? They are Sooo high this year. :s-smilie:

I am happy with the F212 boundaries, they are descent. F215 is so high.
I am happy with the F212 boundaries, they are descent. F215 is so high.

I think they are both high.... especially F215. The F212 boundaries are higher than last year and the year before that too. :frown: Well... we'll find out tommorow.

Latest

Trending

Trending