The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did that last year.... three hours of film and three hours of English in one day *shudders*

The poor people who did Film, English and Critical Thinking had to do them all in one day... some were in college until 9pm.

Just make sure you start your revision early so that you don't end up having to revise the entire syllabus for two subjects in one night. :redface:
but I have to worry about my other 4 exams (2 exams on 2 days) as well - yes I'm doing 8 sodding exams in June

and this sodding clash problem is 2 days after my birthday! lovely birthday present school!

it also means my whole business final grade depends solely on the 8th June as there is no coursework!
Reply 3
a_musical_gal
oh crap, I thought doing one extra exam in June wouldn't hurt but I downloaded my exam timetable and I have 4 exams on one day - 3 business 1 music

There is no way I'll be able to do 4 exams in one day surely

Yeah I'm beginning to wish I revised more over Christmas. I have to resit history now which means three history exams in one day :frown:. I've also got one English and two critical thinking on one day. It sucks
Reply 4
it happens... i had it on 2 seperate days yesterday, a maths each time and then either 3 philosophy or 3 psychology... yes it does suck and i underperfromed in 2 exams on each of these days... and on both days i had 3 hours the next morning too. basically i had 2 x 1.5 day blocks.

this year i have unit 4 psychology (3 essays in 1.5 hours.... it kills your hand) + S2 in the same afternoon...

life sucks

lou xxx
you would think exam boards would understand about clash and not set more than 1 exam for a subject on one day...I have both my English on the same day and my two French exams on the same day - 2 days after my english.
Reply 6
a_musical_gal
oh crap, I thought doing one extra exam in June wouldn't hurt but I downloaded my exam timetable and I have 4 exams on one day - 3 business 1 music

Yeah you can, I did six last year on one day, three in the morn, three in the afternoon.
Reply 7
i really hate the way they put all 3 economics modules on the same day, not nice
Mysticmin
Yeah you can, I did six last year on one day, three in the morn, three in the afternoon.

yeah..but how long were the exams, my one business exam is 2 hours, the second is 1.5 and the third an hour..however my music is approx. 30-45...I don't know the length because it various due to it being on a tape

on a different topic - like you avatar
Reply 9
TheWolf
i really hate the way they put all 3 economics modules on the same day, not nice

They do that with all subjects

I have three history back to back
Three geography back to back
and two psychology back to back
Reply 10
a_musical_gal
yeah..but how long were the exams, my one business exam is 2 hours, the second is 1.5 and the third an hour..however my music is approx. 30-45...I don't know the length because it various due to it being on a tape

if you have more than 6 hours you will have to go into isolation and do some the next day. you probably won't need to.

lou xxx
Reply 11
I think the most you can do in one day is 8. You start at 7.45, and finish around 8.
ouch! 8 exams 1 day, I think I'll stick with my 4

I'm starting my revision on the 29th of March..which is the monday after the friday all my coursework has been handed into the exam boards
a_musical_gal
ouch! 8 exams 1 day, I think I'll stick with my 4

I'm starting my revision on the 29th of March..which is the monday after the friday all my coursework has been handed into the exam boards

Thanks musical gal, you have provided me a date to start my revision :smile:
bono
Thanks musical gal, you have provided me a date to start my revision :smile:

oh I'm sure a genius like you doesn't need to do any revision...
Reply 15
a_musical_gal
yeah..but how long were the exams, my one business exam is 2 hours, the second is 1.5 and the third an hour..

That would be 4.5 hours... one of my teachers told me that the most you can do for one subject in one sitting is 3 hours. Usually when you have 3 at once, they're only an hour each :confused:

And 8 is nothing... last year I had 12 exams to do in the summer. :frown:
if u did edexcel economincs and chemistry u had to sit them one after the other
a_musical_gal

unlucky
Reply 18
Last year I had all four of my ASes on two days. Thats six modules on each. With extra time, it worked out at about seven hours of exams on each day. Needless to say, I ended up with a brain feeling like jelly!

It could have been worse though - if I had been allowed to study Latin, it would have been three on one day. That would have been fun.
a_musical_gal

3 hrs for economics in the morning, 3 hrs for physics in the afternoon.

Latest

Trending

Trending