The Student Room Group

Journalism EPQ- Documentary?

So I was thinking about doing my EPQ based around the Leveson Enquiry, the government's policies regarding it, and the ethics of journalism. I want to study English at University and pursue a career in journalism, so thought this would be a decent topic to cover, and I plan on conducting interviews and stuff as part of it. I was going to incorporate it all into an essay sort of thing, but as I'm going to be conducting interviews anyway, I thought a documentary format might be more interesting to the examiner and a bit more fun to do. Provided enough people are willing to be filmed haha.

I've got a mate who's into filming and editing videos (he's doing a course at another school) and I reckon he'd be up for filming and editing the documentary with me, cause at the end of the day, filming a short documentary is something he can stick on his UCAS, and it'll help him in pursuing the career he's interested in.
I'm asking what you guys reckon, and whether any of you have done something like this or know if it's worth doing it this way? I guess I'm just a bit worried about screwing myself over on this. Cheers
hey I'm thinking of doing the same kind of project :smile: I'm starting my A2s this September and I'm thinking of doing an EPQ on censorship of the media and to what extent censorship is necessary and morally right - will have to narrow that down a bit though... I prefer writing essays so I'll probably do it in that form but I think a documentary is a good idea. It's different, not a lot of other people will do that and if it's well produced it could be really impressive :wink: good luck!!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending