The Student Room Group

Self studying

Is there anything actually wrong with self studying and being ahead of what is being taught in lessons?

It feels teachers dont appreciate this kind of sense that they are not needed.

What are you thoughts? :biggrin:
Reply 1
As long as you don't make them feel they aren't needed, and that it's so easy you can do it yourself, then there's no reason it's a bad thing
Original post by Tynos
Is there anything actually wrong with self studying and being ahead of what is being taught in lessons?

There isn't anything wrong with this. I used to do it all the time when I was in school previously. If the teacher should feel anything, it should be that of delighted consolation, because someone in their class actually took the initiative to explore ahead of the pack. Peace.
Reply 3
Original post by Tynos

Yeah its complete bull. I never listened to teachers and I done alrite for myself..
Reply 4
Original post by Tynos

Teachers used to have a go at me all the time: 'not attending lessons, underachieving, not going to do well..' and all the rest of it.

Then in Jan of that year (year I left school) I achieved A*AAA in the exams I took and the teachers never had a go at me again after that.. :smile:
Self studying is really good if your ahead of your class because then when you learn it in class, its almost like a recap revision and you learn the small things you may have missed out on wen studying alone. I wish i could do this but i find myself BEHIND in class :colondollar: my catch up is almost catching up on what my class have already learnt LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest