The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itssochaotic
Really struggling with *how* to revise as I'm resitting CHEM4, dont have time to rewrite my notes from Dec/Jan revision, but dont know how to get all the info to stick in my head! I'm meant to be reviewing chem 4 not relearning, but reading it isn't really enough to prepare me to start doing past papers. urghhhhh. stresssful. anyway, just thought I would share that with you guys. lol :/

Firstly, relax.

Perhaps you could go through exam-style questions for every topic (4.1-4.11), there's some here, then begin past papers. That's what I've been doing, and my knowledge of the unit has increased considerably and I'm feeling much more confident than in January (my grade was abysmal). I haven't even done one proper past paper yet so it's a good platform to begin.

Whatever you do, remember that time is still (just about) on your side, use it wisely.
Hi guys can someone remind how dealing with a diprotic acid such as h2so4 is different, what did you have to do? Divide h+ conc by 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SDavis123
Hi guys can someone remind how dealing with a diprotic acid such as h2so4 is different, what did you have to do? Divide h+ conc by 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What I do is find the number of moles of the acid, then half that as it's diprotic than use that and the volume to find the concentration of the acid. Does that makes sense?
Original post by Picture~Perfect
What I do is find the number of moles of the acid, then half that as it's diprotic than use that and the volume to find the concentration of the acid. Does that makes sense?

Ok thanks, I'll see if I can find a question later and give it a go :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if we need to learn the synthesis of lactic acid? I know it's in the book but I've just been looking at the specification and it's not mentioned in that at all.
Wish my brain actually retained information from January!

Relying on these at the moment...
Reply 86
Original post by Picture~Perfect
Does anyone know if we need to learn the synthesis of lactic acid? I know it's in the book but I've just been looking at the specification and it's not mentioned in that at all.

I was wondering this as well - if you find out please drop me a line!
My new favourite poster!
Reply 88
[video="youtube;0xEeaIeUnzI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xEeaIeUnzI[/video]

Anyone used these videos before?
Reply 89
Original post by Mariah246
[video="youtube;0xEeaIeUnzI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xEeaIeUnzI[/video]

Anyone used these videos before?

Some one in my class linked them to me - they are really helpful for going over stuff I didn't get in AS!
Reply 90
Original post by erniiee
Some one in my class linked them to me - they are really helpful for going over stuff I didn't get in AS!

What about the A2 stuff, do you think it's detailed enough?
Original post by I have a question
Firstly, relax.

Perhaps you could go through exam-style questions for every topic (4.1-4.11), there's some here, then begin past papers. That's what I've been doing, and my knowledge of the unit has increased considerably and I'm feeling much more confident than in January (my grade was abysmal). I haven't even done one proper past paper yet so it's a good platform to begin.

Whatever you do, remember that time is still (just about) on your side, use it wisely.

Cheers, your reply actually made me feel a lot better :smile: Hope the revision is going well
This is probably the most annoying question on these threads lol but does anyone have the unit 4 exam style questions to the exam style questions? ie pg 158. I have been scouring online for ages, can't seem to find it. Would be so much appreciated.
Reply 93
Original post by Mariah246
What about the A2 stuff, do you think it's detailed enough?

I've looked at a few of them, they seem good. But from what I remember he hasn't finished uploading them all for A2
Reply 94
This is probably the most annoying question on these threads lol but does anyone have the unit 4 exam style questions to the exam style questions? ie pg 158. I have been scouring online for ages, can't seem to find it. Would be so much appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2pI4sWLKU6OcXJPOXZmb1hjd2c/edit?usp=sharing

I've uploaded it here :smile:

im sorry, I meant i needed the answers, I have the textbook. sorry for the misunderstanding, put it down to my mindless typing. lol
Reply 96
im sorry, I meant i needed the answers, I have the textbook. sorry for the misunderstanding, put it down to my mindless typing. lol

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2pI4sWLKU6ON2plXzVGSzdvdm8/edit?usp=sharing

Hope this helps :smile:

do you possibly have the same for unit 5? Would be much appreciated, when I did the unit 4 questions I went and looked for the question in each individual markscheme, took me more time to mark it then it did to actually do the questions! :P
Original post by Lizzie232
Wish my brain actually retained information from January!

Relying on these at the moment...

Hellloooooooooooooooooooooo :smile:
Your notes on organic synthesis looks superrrrr... could you please upload it again but with just that? because its a little hard to see? thank youuuuu :smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 99
Original post by Jesss9
I made a giant poster with them all on, it's amazing how much more sense it all makes when you realise where it all comes from! Obviously just copying it all out of the CGP book wouldn't be overly helpful, it's much better to go back through the book, find where it comes from and learn that section, writing as much as you can about it on your diagram (obviously use the CGP one to check you've got the right place :P).
Have you seen these notes... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1288539
they may look boring but honestly they're a life saver!! :tongue:

Good luck :smile:

Ahh! Thanks for sharing the link for the notes! :smile: Just started to go through them!

Latest

Trending

Trending