Report 14 years ago
i agree with randomm

(not being sarcastic)

asylum seekers are people like us, and deserve equal respect
Tiger
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by eleenia)
There are other issues though surely... I know that where I live the new immigrants from Eastern European countries are causing other social problems mainly because of their behaviour here... they hang around in massive groups, being sexually abusive towards women and provoking fights with lads. That's hardly making a worthwhile contribution to our society is it?
I know that where I live, born and bred British teenagers display similar behaviour.
If we're going to turf out people not making a generally worthwhile contribution to our society, that would include a great many more British people.
eleenia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tiger)
I know that where I live, born and bred British teenagers display similar behaviour.
If we're going to turf out people not making a generally worthwhile contribution to our society, that would include a great many more British people.
ok lets settle this once and for all.... all asylum seekers to move in with MR and MS Pussyfooter, Bleeding Heart Lane, Suburbia, Middle England, NE1 GAF?

There ya go... sorted. Now find me 3 different men to have kids with so I can get myself a council flat and live on the jam roll for the rest of my life. No-one minds do they?
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Something many people don't realise is that around 90% of refugee seekers worldwide move from one developing country to another.
Surely this indicates that they truly are moving to escape persecution and also that Britain's part is relatively minor.

We need hard facts and statistics if you want us to believe that immigrants are crippling our economy.
Also, you're not complaining about any of the Americans here, or Australians, are you?
sorry i can't remember the last time i saw a group of Ozzie immigrants pissing around my local swimming pool on their free passport to sport passes and getting kicked out for being abusive only to return the next day and start all over again.... the scars of persecution fade quick enough, don't they when you've got 'play all day' access to waterflumes and diving boards courtesy of your new motherland.
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
do you read the daily mail and are preferential towards black-shirts? lol
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
do you read the daily mail and are preferential towards black-shirts? lol
why should anything about what i've said mean i'm right wing for God's sake - I'm just writing about where i live as i see it. And like i've said before its no different than making a comment about how many old people stink of wee and play bingo. My perception is that people who live in affluent areas are more liberal because they are less affected by the social problems caused by immigrants (i think the words 'asylum seeker' are used way too loosely) - now your old going to tell me you live in ghettoized council slums and live on a diet of chips and cigarrette butts... bring it on.
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
why should anything about what i've said mean i'm right wing for God's sake - I'm just writing about where i live as i see it. And like i've said before its no different than making a comment about how many old people stink of wee and play bingo. My perception is that people who live in affluent areas are more liberal because they are less affected by the social problems caused by immigrants (i think the words 'asylum seeker' us used way too loosely) - now your old going to tell me you live in ghettoized council slums and live on a diet of chips and cigarrette butts... bring it on.
I think you are wrong there. I think people who live in run down areas are not more likely to be right wing but to be extremists or violent.
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
I think you are wrong there. I think people who live in run down areas are not more likely to be right wing but to be extremists or violent.
i didn't understand any of that...
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i didn't understand any of that...
it was in response to this
"My perception is that people who live in affluent areas are more liberal because they are less affected by the social problems caused by immigrants"
which i dont think is true
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
it was in response to this
"My perception is that people who live in affluent areas are more liberal because they are less affected by the social problems caused by immigrants"
which i dont think is true
i know what it was in response to but what you wrote didn't make any sense. Nor did it say why you diagreed with my point.
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i know what it was in response to but what you wrote didn't make any sense. Nor did it say why you diagreed with my point.
It made perfect sense. Poor people are not more right wing then wealthy people. I know that all the members of my country club and people I know who have money are far more right wing then those who are from less affluent areas. Most of the people in those areas are new immigrants so why would they be against themselves. The wealthy agree with the right because of their fiscal policies. The poor want the left wing to support them and make social services a number one priority. The wealthy right want lower taxes, less government involvement and so forth. I think you made a very general statement that is vague. Not all rich are right and not all poor are left. It is up to the individual and I don't think you can brand the poor with the label of being neo-conservatives.
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i live in a superlatively affluent area of Cheshire - and i don't really fit in lol.....

but no i dont live off greasy chips and cigarette butts, i just don't believe in the endemic neuroticism set in by this government and the media - it's frustratingly wrong
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
It made perfect sense. Poor people are not more right wing then wealthy people. I know that all the members of my country club and people I know who have money are far more right wing then those who are from less affluent areas. Most of the people in those areas are new immigrants so why would they be against themselves. The wealthy agree with the right because of their fiscal policies. The poor want the left wing to support them and make social services a number one priority. The wealthy right want lower taxes, less government involvement and so forth. I think you made a very general statement that is vague. Not all rich are right and not all poor are left. It is up to the individual and I don't think you can brand the poor with the label of being neo-conservatives.
what the hell??? When did i say poor people are more right wing than wealthy people? no wonder it didn't make sense.
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what the hell??? When did i say poor people are more right wing than wealthy people? no wonder it didn't make sense.
f***ing christ you are slow. if you said "My perception is that people who live in affluent areas are more liberal because they are less affected by the social problems caused by immigrants" then it is obvious you think the poor are farther right wing then the rich
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes i did make a general statement that was vague - its called an an opinion. I said that people from affluent areas, (i don't mean country club/summer fates/tea with the vicar or what not, i mean generally more affluent areas) i.e. those who have less 'asylum seekers', are less tuned into the social problems/anxieties whatever... caused by them. Because of this, they are more liberal in their attitudes and adopt this 'more the merrier' attitude that i spoke of. Which is easy for them to say because they are less directly affected by the problems in the first place. That is my opinion... i have no general outlook on the rich being rightwinged nazis and the underclass being commies at all.
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
f***ing christ you are slow. if you said "My perception is that people who live in affluent areas are more liberal because they are less affected by the social problems caused by immigrants" then it is obvious you think the poor are farther right wing then the rich
er no it doesn't actually because there are more shades to being right or left wing than gauging it on someone's opinions on asylum thank you.
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
If you want to check it one last time i think you'll find it doesn't make sense... you are still saying that people who live in run down areas are extremists and violent despite saying they are not more likely to be right wing.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In the area that I live in there are a fair number of aslum seekers. However I am what you may call a "bleeding heart liberal" I don't agree with this statement because from my view it is nothing but justice to let people who really need help into our country. It also upsets me that in some of you post you inply that all people who feel the same as me are gulable or have no idea what we are talking about because to be honest we do. Do you not watch the news? If you didn't you should and if you did why didn't you see what the kosovons and that other asylum seekers are going through in their home country, having seen that how could you even suggest that they are not genuin?
Like I said in a previous post it was people like you who didn't want to let the jews in when they were fleeing Nazis Germany!
FoxNewsRocks
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you think that flood influx of foreigners helps either you or them is a sad sign of PC gone amuck. No country and i mean not even the US can handle immigrants. I cant tell you why without some PCop in here calling me a racist but you all know what i mean. The mexicans come over our southern border by the thousands every day and night and it is ruining our country. Rampant crime has taken over and if you think it isnt because of "them", then explain how we went 200+ years living in peace until the flood hit here starting in the 80s. Look at the news, its covered with blacks and mexicans either robbing someone or something, or outright killing them. We can all sit back and try to be nice and deny it is happening but while you refuse to see the truth, the country is going to hell. The people that say "let them come in" are the exact people that do not live amonst them. If the people that were so PC and liberal had to live near these illegals and legals too, they wouldnt have such a bleeding heart.

Call me any names you like but i will not turn away from reality just to keep you from calling me names. America has a demographic catastrophy underway and if something isnt done soon, it will have repurcusions all over the world because once we go down, you all go down with us.
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I quote an article from The Independent (March 2nd, 2004):-

They are of all colours, all backgrounds andfrom all points of the glode. Some came for love, some for money, some for a better life, but they are all working for one purpose - to keep the NHS going.

Home Office figures show that 44,443 healthcare staff from countries outside the European Union were issued with work permits last year, a 27-fold increase on the number in 1993.

The efforts of these overseas staff counter the charge tha immigration is imposing an unacceptable burded on our most valued institutions.

The British Medical Association said yesterday that foreign health workers were the lifeblood of the NHS. "These overseas medics havea vital role to play. It takes 10 years to train a GP and 15 years to train a consultant, so even though the government is pouring money into recruitment now, the effects will not be seen for many years."

Paul Burston, health spokesman for the Liberal Democrats said last night: "The NHS could not survive without foreign staff, especially as they work in some of the less glamourous jobs. There is no doubt we exploit overseas workers and we should be grateful they are rescuing us from failing to invest in a home-grown health service."

The total number of people claiming political asylum in the UK last year (including families and independents) was just 61,050. Now this completely counters that claims of the BNP:-

From the BNP website
It is often argued that without immigrants the NHS would collapse, but rarely acknowledged that immigration adds to the pressure of numbers wishing to use the NHS and other services. The more immigration - the more services need to expand if they are to meet the needs of the increasing number of users.
Obviously this claim is completely false, based on the evidence. 44,000 health workers versus 66,000 asylum seeker. I don't think that 66,000 people require an increase of 44,000 health workers...

Obviously, I think we can all agree that bogus asylum seekers and illegal immigrants are bad and should be minimised, but to say "Stop Immigration" altogether is extremely shortsighted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that sums up pretty much eveything I want to say.

I also would like to add that censorship of the BNP is also wrong. We live in a democracy.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (192)
27.79%
No (499)
72.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed