Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Well why don't you tell d to get rid of the sub forums that hide away all the educational/debating type things if you want it to be like how it was?

Stop moaning and tell d to get rid of the sub-forums - you know that is reason.

If you categorize all the useful threads into seperate sub-forums so that they are hidden from the main page, then obviously all that can happen is that the trashy threads get placed on the main page in full view - As this is where most people are.
    And clearly you know better than d how to run this place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    the forums are fine. its the people in them i can't connect with
    I really don't understand you - Clearly the educational and debating threads are being hidden in dead sub-forums which people don't often go to as most people are on the main page.

Those that do go are the ones you connect with, i.e.) no wanting chatty threads.

Bring the stuff back onto the main page and then there will be less crap on the main page as people would be debating etc as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    And clearly you know better than d how to run this place?
    I'm not the one moaning about the members.

ReputationRep:
    The headings on the opening page say "Main Sub-Forums" and "Main"... This is probably misleading to guests who actually want to use the forum in a studential capacity. Perhaps "Main Forums" and "Mindless Banter" would be better titles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I'm not the one moaning about the members.
    That has nothing to do with changing the structure. Quite simply, as long as we are surrounded by morons like yourself and the countless idiots who have their heads in your arse, this forum will be a shithole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Modern_Member)
    What do you think of this site?
    it aint brilliant because it has boring threads at times

ReputationRep:
    That has nothing to do with changing the structure. Quite simply, as long as we are surrounded by morons like yourself and the countless idiots who have their heads in your arse, this forum will be a shithole.
    Problem with you is that you are expecting hundreds of people to be like yourself on this website.

It isn't going to happen mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Problem with you is that you are expecting hundreds of people to be like yourself on this website.

No one could ever hope to emulate Mr White's repartee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

No, I just don't like this forum turning into a bono fan-site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    No one could ever hope to emulate Mr White's repartee.
    Yes I agree, but he's expecting lots of other people to be like himself so that he can instantly click with them and debate.

ReputationRep:
    its not going to. Just because people like talking to bono dont mean there kissing his ass

ReputationRep:
    But it isn't, you should be less worried about things like this. It really doesn't matter and you should just chill out a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    But it isn't, you should be less worried about things like this. It really doesn't matter and you should just chill out a bit.
    exactly

btw im not taking sides

ReputationRep:
    Have a nice time.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there are any signs of it being a bono fan club. I certainly told him what I thought about him becoming a mod when he went on his campaign.

ReputationRep:
    Have a nice time.
    *confused*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I don't think there are any signs of it being a bono fan club. I certainly told him what I thought about him becoming a mod when he went on his campaign.
    Exactly.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.