Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many exams are you sitting in the summer?

if your resitting some, do you regret not working enough for them in the first place?

If you know the dates of your exams, have you got any really packed days? or a few days with non stop exams?

Are you getting study leave? because I'm not. If you are how much?

Do you reckon you'll fail a certain exam because its set by the devil of exam boards?

ReputationRep:
    I will have 6 exams in the summer

IT's not many but then again I have a performance exam in a week and a half .,.

MB

ReputationRep:
    i will have 5 3-hour exams in the end of may

ReputationRep:
    I have...P4...P5...S2...M3...AEA.. .3 x economics....3 x citizenship..
    that makes....11!!

ReputationRep:
    My school has this amazing policy of no or almost no january exams, so here we go:

P4
    P5
    P6
    ---
    M1 - resit
    M2 - resit
    M3 - resit
    M4
    M5
    M6
    ---
    S2 - resit
    S3
    S4
    ---
    D2
    ---
    Physics 2 - resit
    Physics 4
    Physics 5
    Physics 6
    Physics AEA
    ---
    Chemistry 1 - resit
    Chemistry 2 - resit
    Chemistry 3 - resit
    Chemistry 4
    Chemistry 5
    Chemistry 6
    ---
    Philosophy 1 - resit
    Philosophy 2
    Philosophy 3

Total : 27
    How much do you reckon do I love our exams department?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)

if your resitting some, do you regret not working enough for them in the first place?

If you know the dates of your exams, have you got any really packed days? or a few days with non stop exams?

Do you reckon you'll fail a certain exam because its set by the devil of exam boards?
    Well I'm a third year student whom got ABC last year, for Computing, Business Studies and Maths, respectively. This year I worked and concentrated, and pulled it up to AAB. Your asking me if I regret not working enough? Yes I do, I wish I had not dossed about and neglected my studies, and this has been one of the weirdest experiences. For some strange reason I keep getting infuriated by students whom don't achieve the grades. However in some respects I am lucky, and I suppose it is fate, if I had not decided to re-sit I would be doing a Management degree at UMIST, but due to personal pride I decided to resit and have instead opted to persue a law degree, which I'm glad to say I have the grades neccessary, so Sheffield University here I come. Right now, I'm still gonna stick around in college to get my AAB to AAA, as I have nothing better to do!!! lol! Nah, I just want that A!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yannis)
    My school has this amazing policy of no or almost no january exams, so here we go:

P4
    P5
    P6
    ---
    M1 - resit
    M2 - resit
    M3 - resit
    M4
    M5
    M6
    ---
    S2 - resit
    S3
    S4
    ---
    D2
    ---
    Physics 2 - resit
    Physics 4
    Physics 5
    Physics 6
    Physics AEA
    ---
    Chemistry 1 - resit
    Chemistry 2 - resit
    Chemistry 3 - resit
    Chemistry 4
    Chemistry 5
    Chemistry 6
    ---
    Philosophy 1 - resit
    Philosophy 2
    Philosophy 3

Hahaha, I have to say that's quite impressive.

ReputationRep:
    The only resit I'm considering is P2.

I have a bit of a dilemma, my offer is AAB + STEP[1,2]. I'm taking double maths, already have my A in maths, need an A in further maths, and I can get the B from either economics or physics. Now, I'm just a few marks away from a B in economics (I practically have to write my name on the last module) But I still have 4 modules to do on physics. So you see, I really could drop physics, (which is currently taking up 2 hours a day for me), and concentrate 100% on getting my A in further maths, and my STEP grades. This really does seem like the sensible option, but the physics teachers seemed absolutely furious when I vaguely mentioned it. So yeah to the topic, I'm going to be sitting

P2
    P5
    P6
    M3
    D1

economics synoptic (europe)

physics - mechanics,
    physics quantum phenomona,
    physics - module 4,
    physics synoptic.

Step II
    STEP III

wouldn't it be nice if all those physics disappeared?

ReputationRep:

P4
    P5
    P6
    ---
    M1 - resit
    M2 - resit
    M3 - resit
    M4
    M5
    M6
    ---
    S2 - resit
    S3
    S4
    ---
    D2
    ---
    Physics 2 - resit
    Physics 4
    Physics 5
    Physics 6
    Physics AEA
    ---
    Chemistry 1 - resit
    Chemistry 2 - resit
    Chemistry 3 - resit
    Chemistry 4
    Chemistry 5
    Chemistry 6
    ---
    Philosophy 1 - resit
    Philosophy 2
    Philosophy 3

OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    How are you going to manage all that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    The only resit I'm considering is P2.

I have a bit of a dilemma, my offer is AAB + STEP[1,2]. I'm taking double maths, already have my A in maths, need an A in further maths, and I can get the B from either economics or physics. Now, I'm just a few marks away from a B in economics (I practically have to write my name on the last module) But I still have 4 modules to do on physics. So you see, I really could drop physics, (which is currently taking up 2 hours a day for me), and concentrate 100% on getting my A in further maths, and my STEP grades. This really does seem like the sensible option, but the physics teachers seemed absolutely furious when I vaguely mentioned it. So yeah to the topic, I'm going to be sitting

P2
    P5
    P6
    M3
    D1

economics synoptic (europe)

physics - mechanics,
    physics quantum phenomona,
    physics - module 4,
    physics synoptic.

Step II
    STEP III

wouldn't it be nice if all those physics disappeared?
    You should be allowed to drop Physics but presumeably you have done all your A/S modules and have half an A level?

ReputationRep:

P4
    P5
    P6
    ---
    M1 - resit
    M2 - resit
    M3 - resit
    M4
    M5
    M6
    ---
    S2 - resit
    S3
    S4
    ---
    D2
    ---
    Physics 2 - resit
    Physics 4
    Physics 5
    Physics 6
    Physics AEA
    ---
    Chemistry 1 - resit
    Chemistry 2 - resit
    Chemistry 3 - resit
    Chemistry 4
    Chemistry 5
    Chemistry 6
    ---
    Philosophy 1 - resit
    Philosophy 2
    Philosophy 3

A spoon full of suger, helps the medicine go down. hoever in this case, I must object.

ReputationRep:

I have 4. I'm not resitting as i got AAB
    The dates are in June i think, sort of close together but not too bad. Dont know all of the dates and i'm getting study leave ( a month)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    You should be allowed to drop Physics but presumeably you have done all your A/S modules and have half an A level?
    No I haven't, I went to the teacher at the end of last year, and begged to be allowed to do the alevel in one year. Which is why I think they'd be so unspeakably furious, because they went to alot of trouble getting me settled straight onto the A2, and they haven't got a single AS/A grade out of me yet.

Btw congrats on your fantastic results Peter.

ReputationRep:
    OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    How are you going to manage all that?
    oh well... a couple exams a day. for a month or two. What's wrong with that? THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!! Why couldn't I sit half of them in Jan???

ReputationRep:
    I've got,

Maths Pure-1

Maths Mechanics-1

Maths Statistics-1

Biology M1 - Molecules,Cells,Systems

Biology M3 - Making Use of Biology

Chemistry M1

Chemistry M2

Geography M1 - Physical Geography

Geography M2 - Human Geography

Geography M3 - Analysis/Interpretation of Data

And there all taken through the examing board from hell -CCEA(N.Ireland)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    No I haven't, I went to the teacher at the end of last year, and begged to be allowed to do the alevel in one year. Which is why I think they'd be so unspeakably furious, because they went to alot of trouble getting me settled straight onto the A2, and they haven't got a single AS/A grade out of me yet.

Btw congrats on your fantastic results Peter.
    Owww! Harsh! I know Oxbridge aren't exactly lenient with grades, a candidate whom obtains ABBBBBB as opposed to AAB isn't going to be accepted. I suppose you could try and argue your case, as dropping one subject won't affect the offer Oxbridge made you. Its down to what you want really, do you wish to focus on getting the required grades? Even if this means dropping a subject? Or would you rather have AAAB and have Physics to fall back on?

Sorry I can't be much help on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Owww! Harsh! I know Oxbridge aren't exactly lenient with grades, a candidate whom obtains ABBBBBB as opposed to AAB isn't going to be accepted. I suppose you could try and argue your case, as dropping one subject won't affect the offer Oxbridge made you. Its down to what you want really, do you wish to focus on getting the required grades? Even if this means dropping a subject? Or would you rather have AAAB and have Physics to fall back on?

Sorry I can't be much help on the matter.
    Exactly. Failing to make the offer is not an option, at all costs I have to get the AAB + STEP. And trust me 2 hours a day spent on STEP would be a huge advantage.At the same time though, how do I go about saying "Yeah sorry for wasting your time with all those exams you coached me with, all that timetable disruption, all those resources I wasted, because I don't need you anymore." Though it really isn't my fault, I was told that Cambridge would not consider economics to be a real Alevel and would expect physics, so I did what seemed best at the time. I was thinking it would be really great if I could use the 2 modules I've done far along with a third AS module, and get an AS in physics, but I don't think this can be done because obviously one of the modules is an A2 module.

It's just frustrating more than anything else, I think maybe the best thing to do would be to just stop going to most of the lessons, if my senior tutor says "why aren't you going to physics?" the answer will be a simple "I cannot afford to not put 100% into maths."

ReputationRep:
    I have the joys of a psa 1 resit, a psa 4 resit, the psa 5 exam, the physics synoptic (the psa exams are for physics), ICT 4, electronic control systems and electronics communications.

ReputationRep:
    oh well... a couple exams a day. for a month or two. What's wrong with that? THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!! Why couldn't I sit half of them in Jan???
    You'll be having most of them in one day eg Chem 1,2,3 in one sitting of 3 hours.

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    what is this STEP thing?

I'm from Northern Ireland and never heard of it. Is it useful for applications to unviersity for medicne or veterinary?

Any info is appreciated.

PS.

Anyone got a link to a website about it?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.