Turn on thread page Beta

How many exams in May/June? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    I can identify with bono, I know that if I could 82 on one of my Economics papers I'd be absolutely gutted and re-sit as fast as possible.
    Yes.

Definitely re-sit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I really don't want to sound bigheaded here, but seriously I should get 95-100 on that paper.

I was extremely dissapointed.
    And we all know you can get 95-100 on that paper. I have firm faith in your Physics ability. Not sure what the faith is based on, but I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    And we all know you can get 95-100 on that paper. I have firm faith in your Physics ability. Not sure what the faith is based on, but I believe
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Yes.

Definitely re-sit.
    Honestly though, why bother? In economics I have AAAAB so far, i was thinking about resitting the B paper (market systems, lol) but I couldn't be bothered because I only need an E in the summer and I have an A, if it isn't going to make a difference to your grade why bother?

ReputationRep:
    I have five... I think :confused: (loads of coursework tho )

Maths:
    P2
    P3

English Lit:
    Unit 4: Keats/ Shakespeare
    Unit 6: Synoptic

History:
    Unit 6: something about the Nazis 1933-1939

January exams went really well so no need to resit anything apart from P2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    Honestly though, why bother? In economics I have AAAAB so far, i was thinking about resitting the B paper (market systems, lol) but I couldn't be bothered because I only need an E in the summer and I have an A, if it isn't going to make a difference to your grade why bother?
    Because it isn't adequate, and I could do way better than that.

I want good AS Marks, and I am confident of achieving them.

ReputationRep:
    I have 11

One English
    Three geog
    Two psychology
    Three history (one is a damn bloody resit)
    Two critical thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I got an A Grade, but I was really dissapointed with the mark - I'll resit in the summer and get the 95 I should get on this paper. (I got 82/100 which is absolutely terrible)
    That's not terrible at all! I'm not resitting anything I got an A on as I don't see the point. I got 80 for English which although is an A is a low A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    That's not terrible at all! I'm not resitting anything I got an A on as I don't see the point. I got 80 for English which although is an A is a low A
    No I'm, definitely re-sitting, no way am I going to be content with a terrible 82 on that paper - never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    No I'm, definitely re-sitting, no way am I going to be content with a terrible 82 on that paper - never.
    Fair enough, if you believe you deserve better then by all means go for it. But I wish you wouldn't go around saying how terrible 82 is. I got 80 in English and was so pleased with that mark, and other people will be the same.

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting physics module 3 from last year because the coursework ruined it ( )(it brought my overall mark including physics module4 to one mark under A)
    Apart from that no resits....

maths

p5
    s4

Bio
    mod 5
    mod 7

Chem

mod 5(synoptic)
    practical

Physics
    mod 5
    mod 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    How many exams are you sitting in the summer?

if your resitting some, do you regret not working enough for them in the first place?

If you know the dates of your exams, have you got any really packed days? or a few days with non stop exams?

Are you getting study leave? because I'm not. If you are how much?

Do you reckon you'll fail a certain exam because its set by the devil of exam boards?
    I have 13 exams to sit in May/June. On one day I have six hours
    Yeah, we get a couple of weeks study leave I think, plus half term. The good thing is my exams finish five days before the end of study leave, so i get a few days off!

ReputationRep:
    I have 8 exams.

2 English Lit
    3 History (2 on same day)
    1 Maths (resit Stats paper)
    1 Psychology (Unit 5)
    AEA English Award..

Totally relieved after the Jan results, much more chilled!!

Good luck all xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just_a_Girl)
    I couldnt do all those exams, why doesnt your school let you do January exams...Yannis?
    They don't want to waste the valuable two weeks in January, so that they can get on with the syllabi... Personally, I'd rather have two weeks less to revise for half the subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    Fair enough, but honestly, 85/100 is a really good mark...!
    It depends... I got 83 in M3 and that's one of the easier modules out of the maths ones I'm doing, so I'm resitting that. I might as well get the extra UMS in the bag.

ReputationRep:
    hi i pity you all so much dong A-levels just remember that once you've got them over with you'll have an amazing summer ahead of you. I think i had about 15 exams last summer and i don't know how i'd cope with it now. My uni exam timetable is much more userfiendly

may 12th Portuguese Literature
    May 18th Portuguese Language
    June 7th Spanish Language
    June 8th Spansih History
    June 9th Spanish Literature

Its so nice to know that i can go home inbetween my Portuguse and Spanish and have my birthday at home. Also whats quite cool is that i'll have just over a week at uni before the end of term after my exams so i can have a really dossy time partying and going to all the places i've not yet been ;0) Just to annoy all you poor a-level people even more i get my results on June 18th (assuming teh strike is over)

Good luck guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yannis)
    They don't want to waste the valuable two weeks in January, so that they can get on with the syllabi... Personally, I'd rather have two weeks less to revise for half the subjects.
    Thats quite stupid of them. The January modules should be something similar to a mock exam or better still, a way to reduce the exam load for the summer exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Thats quite stupid of them. The January modules should be something similar to a mock exam or better still, a way to reduce the exam load for the summer exams.
    I think it's quite sensible. Winchester doesn't use the January session either -- it causes far too much disruption to the timetable. And I'd hate to have to be worrying about upcoming exams in two holidays!! I like to have my Christmas work free

And our results are hardly worse for it

ReputationRep:
    I have quite a few coming up:

General Studies *3

Maths *5

Geography *2 :cool:

Physics *4 i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    I think it's quite sensible. Winchester doesn't use the January session either -- it causes far too much disruption to the timetable. And I'd hate to have to be worrying about upcoming exams in two holidays!! I like to have my Christmas work free

And our results are hardly worse for it
    Maybe, but it doesn't disrupt our timetable as well. We just do the exam, and we are also expected to go on going to the lessons at the same time.

And our results are not that bad as well.

And acts as a wake up call for some.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.