Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got a job last summer packing parafin into bottles and i got £5 an hour. i want another job and was wondering what do other people do and how much they get an hour.
    this is only a survey for summer and part time jobs like mcdonalds and morrisons
    how much do you get?

ReputationRep:
    i work in sainsburys and get £6.50 an hour ish

2 weeks left til i leeeaaaavveee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will1y2)
    i got a job last summer packing parafin into bottles and i got £5 an hour. i want another job and was wondering what do other people do and how much they get an hour.
    this is only a survey for summer and part time jobs like mcdonalds and morrisons
    how much do you get?
    Sales Rep @ Phones4U. I get £5 per hour, with commision on top. However the commision has gone down the toilet recently. I work just weekends and end up with about £400 - £700 per month. Depending on how hard I work.

When I leave for Uni, I plan to be a male giggolo. J/K

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will1y2)
    how much do you get?
    im getting 10 pounds an hour working at a building site this summer hard work tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    i work in sainsburys and get £6.50 an hour ish

2 weeks left til i leeeaaaavveee!
    where abouts in the country do you work because my friend gets much less now he has moved from cambridge to crewe

ReputationRep:
    i do 8 hours on sundays at 1.8x time so it bumps up me pay lots. i dont think my area is any different to anywhere else

ReputationRep:
    I work in a relative's shop. I get paid £30 a week and only have to work every Friday and Saturday and 1 or 2 days on other days. Best thing about the job is that I have had about 7 years experience with it and it's easy really. I also get free food and you don't have to work as hard as you do with a real job since it's family.

ReputationRep:
    Er I got a marvellous £3.20 an hour to slave in Partners the stationers. Would you be surprised to hear I quit within days?

ReputationRep:
    I got paid £3.80 an hour last summer at a holiday park. Crap pay and hard work, but all the summer jobs in North Devon for students are like that really.

ReputationRep:
    i had to leave my job because after working for two weeks, i got appendcitis and had to go to hospital!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.