Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick thing complaining about my contact lenses - my eyes seem to become very tired after wearing them for lets say 4 hours? I cant really wear glasses esp when i play sports etc, and i tend to wear the contact lenses for longer instead of taking them off and put on the glasses because of inconvenice. Anyone find contact lenses iring your eyes? Are there any ways to solve this? e.g. does hard lense makes it more comfortable for longer-wear? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Just a quick thing complaining about my contact lenses - my eyes seem to become very tired after wearing them for lets say 4 hours? I cant really wear glasses esp when i play sports etc, and i tend to wear the contact lenses for longer instead of taking them off and put on the glasses because of inconvenice. Anyone find contact lenses iring your eyes? Are there any ways to solve this? e.g. does hard lense makes it more comfortable for longer-wear? :confused:
    Is there not some special liquid that you can apply to your eyes before placing the contact lenses?

ReputationRep:
    my uncles an optician...sis wears contacts...theres sum kind of eyedrop solution 4 contact lense wearers...u put it in every few hours...ask ur optician...they shud no wat it is

ReputationRep:
    i wear them...daily ones(soft) and i dont have any trouble at all...i know that i prob screw up my eyes a bit but i often wear them for like 24 hours or if i have a big night i can end up wearing them for like 36....i guess everyones eyes are just different and if your eyes dont cope with contacts v.well then i cant really think that there is going to be a wonder solution to it....i suppose you just have to grin and bear it...(sorry this must just be the most irritating piece of advice ever....)

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem, I got some special eye drops but its not that much better so i have been wearing my glasses recently. But i will go back soon because my eyes aren't all red anymore, i use to wear them even tho my eyes were tired and eventually i got my eyes crazy red with blood vains

ReputationRep:
    hey

i used to have the same problem as u,

try changing your solution to another brand, that did it for me, my eyes used to feel soooooo tired even though i had only worn them for a couple of hours !!!

hope this helps,

Davinder

ReputationRep:

Have exactly the same problem. I get so tired when wearing contact lens, apparently it is because i over strain my eyes when i am not wearing them so when i wear them it overcorrects or something....

ReputationRep:
    I wear contacts for sports

ReputationRep:
    i dont wear them, altho i think i need them

ReputationRep:
    i find that aswell. while i have them in, my eyes just dont want to stay open. they feel really tired and asif i have been rubbing them constantly. i think hard lenses are supposed to be more irritable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad kuri)
    i find that aswell. while i have them in, my eyes just dont want to stay open. they feel really tired and asif i have been rubbing them constantly. i think hard lenses are supposed to be more irritable.
    uk-l has made my eyesight 2 times worse than i was a year ago

ReputationRep:
    Dont need contacts, I got light brown eyes and good ones, yeeeeeh!!

ReputationRep:
    get contact lenses with a higher water content. They're a little bit more expensive but you probably need them. I get by fine wearing standard monthy contacts everyday. Although when i stay up really late they can dry my eyes a bit.

ReputationRep:
    uk-l has made my eyesight 2 times worse than i was a year ago
    thanks for the tip! i think i'll cut back now. but it's kinda hypnotising with all the different threads.

ReputationRep:
    anyone thinking about lazer eye treatment one day? i dont think its that necessary when there is contact lenses, and it could make you blind if it goes wrong? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    anyone thinking about lazer eye treatment one day? i dont think its that necessary when there is contact lenses, and it could make you blind if it goes wrong? :confused:
    tru i could go wrong, but contacts can mess up ur eyes aswell if you think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad kuri)
    tru i could go wrong, but contacts can mess up ur eyes aswell if you think about it.

true, but you cant get blind from wearing contacts (right? :eek: ) getting blind must be shite no more ukl

ReputationRep:
    true, but you cant get blind from wearing contacts (right? :eek: ) getting blind must be shite no more ukl
    you really do love this site dont you?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i have the same problem. My eyes started to get dry+tired after only 3 or 4 hours. But im scared of telling my opticians, in case they tell me im not allowed to wear them anymore!!! Do you think they'll just give me eyedrops or something that will solve the problem??????

i wear contacts, mine are monthly, and my eyes usually feel more tired and start to hurt towards the end of the month, im guessing thats probably coz they're wearing out

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.