Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey
    i wear hard contact lenses (gas permeables) when i can be botherd, but they really hurt my eyes. my opticians didn't tell me till i'd had them for 2 yrs but they're not the best ones for my eyes, cos i've got really bad astigmatism. i personally wouldn't recommend them, not that i've tried soft ones, but they take aaaages to get used to, i still find them hard to take out and are a pain to clean with like 3 differnet solutions, esp while still drunk! lol
    also TheWolf, u could get blind from using contacts. u have to be careful that all ure stuff is sterile, and i think for most contacts, well mine at least u can't get tap water contaminated with the solutions (and can't leave contact stuff in the bathroom) cos of all the bacteria in it which could give u a really bad eye infection, which could lead to blindness. and u gotta wash ure hands before u put them in. my aunt got one, luckily didn't go blind tho, she's sworn off contacts forever.
    but i really want to have laser surgery when i'm older, contacts and glasses are really really annoying!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0nnie)
    hey
    i wear hard contact lenses (gas permeables) when i can be botherd, but they really hurt my eyes. my opticians didn't tell me till i'd had them for 2 yrs but they're not the best ones for my eyes, cos i've got really bad astigmatism. i personally wouldn't recommend them, not that i've tried soft ones, but they take aaaages to get used to, i still find them hard to take out and are a pain to clean with like 3 differnet solutions, esp while still drunk! lol
    also TheWolf, u could get blind from using contacts. u have to be careful that all ure stuff is sterile, and i think for most contacts, well mine at least u can't get tap water contaminated with the solutions (and can't leave contact stuff in the bathroom) cos of all the bacteria in it which could give u a really bad eye infection, which could lead to blindness. and u gotta wash ure hands before u put them in. my aunt got one, luckily didn't go blind tho, she's sworn off contacts forever.
    but i really want to have laser surgery when i'm older, contacts and glasses are really really annoying!
    x
    I found hard contact lenses really difficult and had conjunctivitis a couple of times but gas permeables were OK. Hygiene is critical but so is getting a good optician who fits the correct lens! Lenses that swim around (and off) the eye are a pain.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.