This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Does anybody have AQA certified definitions for
Circuit Switching
Packet Switching
ATM
since there are so many different definitions around on FOLDOC and WEBOPEDIA, HEATHCOTE and BRADLEY

if you have any other AQA certified definitons for Module 4 and 5 then please post them on this thread

Thanks in advance
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Packet Switching - Data transfer on a network (usually LAN), in which the data that is sent had no pre-determined path through the network. The data will arive in no particular oreder and will be sorted at the recieving end.

Circuit Switching - Data transfer in which a route through the network must be determined before the data is put onto the network. The data will arrive in order and will require no sorting at the other end.

ATM - (Sorry I cant remember this one)

Hope this helps !!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi,

Check out http://www.computingstudents.com for general computing and ict stuff. There's a definition of ATM in the site's online dictionary. Dunno if its what you were looking for.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Well in AS speak an ATM is an Automated Telling Machine AKA the hole in the wall where you get your cash.

Good job you mentioned Module 4 + 5 because I nearly had a heart attack wondering why my teacher hadn't mentioned those things. But thankfully it's because I'm an AS Comp Student.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads