The Student Room Group

BIMM Bristol 2013 freshers?

Hey, I'm looking for students who are starting at BIMM Bristol September 2013? I got an offer for the three year honours course doing vocals. Just wondering whether anybody else has secured an offer and if they've thought about accommodation yet? I'd rather be with other people who are going to BIMM as well haha :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey there! I am also hopefully coming to study at Bimm Bristol this year! Im doing the BA(Hons) Songwriting course! Nah, havent started looking into accomadation yet, but im not sure what happens next really as i also got offered a place regarding my A level results. So i take it we may hear from them soon, then look in to accomadation? :smile:
Reply 2
Aw awesome! Didn't think I'd hear from anyone on here to be honest.. So what do you play? Ah ok, well I got a conditional offer but they said it was just a formality thing and as long as I could get two E's then I've got a place, I don't have to get any more music grades or anything.. Yeah I was just worrying about accommodation because I looked at the prices, have you seen them? They're pretty steep! Anyway good luck with getting the results :smile:
Reply 3
hey, if you haven't booked your accommodation seriously start looking into it!! i thought it was too early but when i looked there was hardly nothing left, hotwells house is pretty good and quite cheap and they still have rooms left, p.s. I'm on the vocal course too:smile:
Hi, I'm possibly studying Professional Musicianship in September, and I still have no idea what to do with accommodation haha! I mean I've looked at Hotwells House but idk if you have to pay the money straight away or what. I still have an audition at Westminster on the 27th so was thinking I would make my mind up then, but I'm kinda getting the feeling that would be too late!
Original post by joedperkins
Hi, I'm possibly studying Professional Musicianship in September, and I still have no idea what to do with accommodation haha! I mean I've looked at Hotwells House but idk if you have to pay the money straight away or what. I still have an audition at Westminster on the 27th so was thinking I would make my mind up then, but I'm kinda getting the feeling that would be too late!

Alright matey, I've booked into hotwells and you can arrange it with them and you're sutdent loan company and it will get arranged with your student loan.

Hope that helps.
Original post by Turkturkelton
Alright matey, I've booked into hotwells and you can arrange it with them and you're sutdent loan company and it will get arranged with your student loan.

Hope that helps.

Did you have to pay the deposit and connection fee up front? Cause I don't wanna book a place and pay like £350 and then decide that I wanna go to Westminster on the 27th, but at the same time I don't wanna leave it till after I've gone to Westminster and there be no places left haha. Such a dilemma.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't have to pay the connection fee but the 250 deposit I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hi - I'm also doing Professional musicianship at BIMM next year - I was considering looking at the place next door (Kings Square) - In hope that it may make things easier etc. Glad I've found more people starting next year though!

No idea if there will be a group on facebook or the like, but if you're all definitely going then get in contact or whatever, would be good to know some people...
Original post by olipick
Hi - I'm also doing Professional musicianship at BIMM next year - I was considering looking at the place next door (Kings Square) - In hope that it may make things easier etc. Glad I've found more people starting next year though!

No idea if there will be a group on facebook or the like, but if you're all definitely going then get in contact or whatever, would be good to know some people...

Kings Square Studios is fully booked dude! The only reasonably priced accommodation left is Hotwells House. Last I checked there was plenty rooms left, but only in 5 bedroom flats. Good thing is also, you can see info on who is in each flat, so you can choose to be with like minded people.
What instrument do you play?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ah crap, really?? Fair enough - best find some people quick! I'm a guitarist (predominantly) but have a few other instruments on the go too - yourself?!
Good to meet you...!
Reply 11
Are you in hotwells house? Anyone else here gonna be there?
Be easy to find some people on here !
Ah cool, I play drums.
Well I've got an audition at Westminster next week so I'm probably gonna make my decision as to where to go then. But I don't see Hotwells House filling up anytime soon, I check the availability almost every day and I haven't seen any activity in a while, so I'm not too fussed about booking into it with too much haste.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hey, I'm probably going to go to BIMM in September to study a BA(Hons) in bass, and from reading through this thread it seems apparent that the only accommodation really left is Hotwells House, or is there anywhere else that is reasonably priced?
Original post by Nickotodo
Hey, I'm probably going to go to BIMM in September to study a BA(Hons) in bass, and from reading through this thread it seems apparent that the only accommodation really left is Hotwells House, or is there anywhere else that is reasonably priced?

I think there are a few other student places around but IMO Hotwells looked the nicest. You could also go down the route of a house or flat share though. Hotwells House is £110 a week which isn't ludicrously expensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hey! I have my place at BIMM Bristol starting Professional Musicianship (Drums) in 2013. I booked a room at IQ round the corner :smile: anyone else going to be there?
Reply 16
Hey
I have a place on the events management and the music industry management course.
I'm going to take the Music course though.
I still have not booked accommodation as I have not been able to visit yet :[
To those that have visited, Which looks the best ?
Reply 17
Original post by Isherrr
Hey
I have a place on the events management and the music industry management course.
I'm going to take the Music course though.
I still have not booked accommodation as I have not been able to visit yet :[
To those that have visited, Which looks the best ?

i couldnt get down there to look at the accommodation either so i had to just book based off the images and location really. all the cheapest rooms closest to the site are already booked too so your best bet might be Hotwells House (http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/bristol-student-accommodation/hotwells-house-flats/) despite it being a bit of a mooch away :smile:
Reply 18
Thanks Ryan. I need to look at Bimm Bristol though so I can decide its the uni for me. Hotwells house looks real nice. Whose viewed it as I might not get a chance to before booking :[

Looks like there will be a fair few Bimm students in hotwells though :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Isherrr
Thanks Ryan. I need to look at Bimm Bristol though so I can decide its the uni for me. Hotwells house looks real nice. Whose viewed it as I might not get a chance to before booking :[

Looks like there will be a fair few Bimm students in hotwells though :biggrin:

I viewed hotwells house, It looks exactly like it does in the photos online. There are gonna be a lot of us bimm kids there.

Quick Reply

Latest