Turn on thread page Beta

Is it just me or are terrorists making everyone else extremists? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am just wondering if anyone has had a major shift in their political views since the recent upswing in terrorism and or the increased media coverage. Personally I feel that the terrorists are hurting not only themselves but islamic people as a whole because they are making governments into extremists. I know that my personal opinions have become more conservative and I am moving farther right with every attack. is it the same case for you?

ReputationRep:
    As a secularist, my views are unaffected by Islamic terrorism (although we have to wait and see as to whether Madrid was Eta or some other group). It simply proves that religion is a danger to the world, and that we should always remain vigilant against dogma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommorris)
    As a secularist, my views are unaffected by Islamic terrorism (although we have to wait and see as to whether Madrid was Eta or some other group). It simply proves that religion is a danger to the world, and that we should always remain vigilant against dogma.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I am just wondering if anyone has had a major shift in their political views since the recent upswing in terrorism and or the increased media coverage. Personally I feel that the terrorists are hurting not only themselves but islamic people as a whole because they are making governments into extremists. I know that my personal opinions have become more conservative and I am moving farther right with every attack. is it the same case for you?
    That is one of the purposes of terrorism. They want to make polarise people: persuade people to assume all muslims are terrorists or terrorist supporters, so that muslims feel threatened and see terrorists as their protectors/avengers. Mutatis mutandis, it's the way all terrorists work.
    Keep a sense of perspective: far more people are killed by motorists, tobacco companies, the effects of alcohol etc than by terrorists. The main effect- and the intended effect- of terrorism is psychological rather than physical.

ReputationRep:
    I think you have to wait another decade or so for it to come out..Who initiated it,etc.
    (If you can wait for that long that is... )

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.