The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LyndsayV
Hi, I sent my application off the week before christmas and heard back from uclan yesterday so should be soon for you too :smile: which nursing branch are you applying for? I'm currently on the reproduction unit of Science...que lots of giggles from embarassed teenagers! x

Hi Lyndsey..oooo really fingers crossed that I hear soon then..have you got an interview date? I have applied for adult nursing at UCLan. I am completing my Access Course with Distance Learning Centre rather than a College so no classrooms for me...good luck with everything :smile:
Reply 21
Hi LyndsayV,

I've got a place in the mental health branch. It's a weird feeling to be fair. Yep it's exciting but all these forms are putting a dampener on it, it's getting very real! Reproducion I can imagine the blushes, lol. Good luck with all of your stuff and let us know how it's going x M
Reply 22
Tad excited ..... :tongue: and thanks xx
Reply 23
How do I find out what qualifications I need for nursing I have been told that a nvq level 3 is acceptable ? Does anyone no if this is right
Original post by Palmer d
How do I find out what qualifications I need for nursing I have been told that a nvq level 3 is acceptable ? Does anyone no if this is right

Certain universities will accept NVQ level 3 but you would need to check their individual entry requirements. I've applied to Derby with my NVQ level 3 as they accept it x
Reply 25
Original post by LyndsayV
Hi, I'm classed as a mature student (23) which makes me feel like I should be watching heartbeat on ITV by the fire with a cup of earl grey! Is there any other mature students out there applying for the same course? I am currently on the access to HE course. I have applied for childrens nursing at Cumbria (interview 20th Feb) UCLAN ( Still waiting to hear anything) and a combined childrens nursing and social work degree at Edge Hill (Interview 9th Feb) If anyone has applied for the same course especially at the same unis would be good to hear from you, swap interview tip ect and get to know people who may possibly be on my course xx

Hi, I've just applied for nursing and will be a mature student at 38!! 🙈 I'm sure you will be surrounded by many older than you x
I’m 50 and just had an offer to start March! I’m definitely a ‘mature’ student! 🤣
Reply 27
Original post by Clanderson
I’m 50 and just had an offer to start March! I’m definitely a ‘mature’ student! 🤣

go you! I'm 38 and also starting in March... excited but a little anxious at the same time :smile:

good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending