Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have heard from from a couple of sources (terror experts, and a group that said they were behind the attacks in Spain) that they are 90% done with their plan to carry out a huge terror attack in the USA. I know terrorists have been saying this a while, but from the mouth of some1 who studies terrorists and thier ways, it's very disturbing. I'll admit it has me very concerned. I feel like i just want to wake up and have it be a dream, but it seems the reality is that there may be a attempt, or sucessful terror attack soon. I don't want to sound like the voice of doom or anything, i find this very unsettling.

ReputationRep:
    You know probably nothing will happen. Its just the GOVT trying to get you to panic. And really, what can you do? If they are going to attack you, they will and you will probably have no idea where or when, so until somethign happens or doesnt, dont worry about it. Its stress you dont need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    You know probably nothing will happen. Its just the GOVT trying to get you to panic. And really, what can you do? If they are going to attack you, they will and you will probably have no idea where or when, so until somethign happens or doesnt, dont worry about it. Its stress you dont need.
    Yes, that's right and that's how people normally live in a country with terrorists. In Spain people are scared but they don't live all tense or stressed out at what possibly could happen. It's been 50 years of terrorism, it's in their blood to think about it but not let it get to them or the way they live their lives.
    And like the Spanish say about ETA, if you live terrified, not going on trains or to malls and department stores, then you're doing exactly what they want you to. You shouldn't become obsessed with fear, they don't deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    Much respect, im half Spanish.

I refer to the very last scene of Monty Python's The Life of Brian ..

....Always look on the bright side of life...

ReputationRep:
    i am also spanish. my dad has a sister with a family who live in madrid and we have still not managed to get in contact to make sure they are ok..since i dont really know them it is my dad i am most worried about.

ReputationRep:
    Much respect, im half Spanish.

I refer to the very last scene of Monty Python's The Life of Brian ..

....Always look on the bright side of life...
    doo-doo doo-doo do doo do-doo

ReputationRep:
    lol thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    lol thanx
    Ya you REALLY need to worry especially while living in Vermont. Its probably right at the top of the list. Every terror group is out to kill ben and jerry and backwood lumber jacks

ReputationRep:
    We have lived with the same sort of thing in Northern Ireland for the past 35 years, it's not sumthing you think about. I totally and utterly hate terrorism in every single way possible (and i am an irish nationalist) it is by no way the means to achieve objectives. People that harbour such ideas are as bad as the perpetrators.
    Some people in my country need to have a long hard look at themselves following this attack in Spain, they are in league with all terrorists.

I am totally disgusted by the fact that 18 British soldiers lsot their lives in my home town during the troubles. As the saying goes 'they are some mother's sons' and did not deserve to lose their lives.

Terrorism is wrong in every possible way imaginable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Ya you REALLY need to worry especially while living in Vermont. Its probably right at the top of the list. Every terror group is out to kill ben and jerry and backwood lumber jacks
    what the hell is ur problem? Do u always have to make fun of some1 in every one of ur annoying childish posts? I am so sick and tired of u. I never said i was worried about it happening here, if u read my post, or where u too proud of yourself to even read it? Can't i be worried about my country being attacked? If u ever have anything good to say, let me know, otherwise it would be great if u could never talk to me again

ReputationRep:
    what the hell is ur problem? Do u always have to make fun of some1 in every one of ur annoying childish posts? I am so sick and tired of u. I never said i was worried about it happening here, if u read my post, or where u too proud of yourself to even read it? Can't i be worried about my country being attacked? If u ever have anything good to say, let me know, otherwise it would be great if u could never talk to me again
    If you read my post you would have realized it was said as a joke. You take everything so seriously, especially for someone from Vermont, shouldn't you be smoking weed right now anyways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    If you read my post you would have realized it was said as a joke. You take everything so seriously, especially for someone from Vermont, shouldn't you be smoking weed right now anyways?
    U are probably the msot annoying person i have ever met in my entire life. I'll leave the weed for you

ReputationRep:
    U are probably the msot annoying person i have ever met in my entire life. I'll leave the weed for you
    Just to clarify the matter we have not met and never will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Just to clarify the matter we have not met and never will
    thank the lord

ReputationRep:
    thank the lord

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)

ReputationRep:
    lol why am i still getting negative rep for stuff i said in this thread?

ReputationRep:
    You are? My goodness! this thread is over... well its very old, who would bother to dig it up? Anyway, at least you diddnt get neg. rep for saying hi to someone.

ReputationRep:
    I have heard from from a couple of sources (terror experts, and a group that said they were behind the attacks in Spain) that they are 90% done with their plan to carry out a huge terror attack in the USA. I know terrorists have been saying this a while, but from the mouth of some1 who studies terrorists and thier ways, it's very disturbing. I'll admit it has me very concerned. I feel like i just want to wake up and have it be a dream, but it seems the reality is that there may be a attempt, or sucessful terror attack soon. I don't want to sound like the voice of doom or anything, i find this very unsettling.
    Oh well, I'm in England it doesn't matter to me!

No I'm kidding, well I'm sorry but it's just a fact of life. Terrorists are freaking weirdos

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.