The Student Room Group

Starting Psychology Degree in September 2013, need advice!!!

I haven't studied Psychology as a subject before, however, I am interested in the subject (hence why I applied!). Don't know what to expect when I start and whether I should be worried or not. Any advice would be appreciated!

P.S. The Offers are from Dundee, Cardiff, Queen's Belfast and Glasgow Cali.
Reply 1
This is the same as me! I wouldn't worry about it. If you have a genuine interest in it then I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I actually spoke to someone who'd already taken it to find out more about it and they made it sound really interesting and enjoyable so I'm sure we've nothing to worry about!
It's a bit late to worry now you've had offers anyway haha! But if you don't enjoy it, it's not the end of the world if you drop out and find something else to do etc :smile:
Reply 2
I think it's just post uni nerves to be honest should be ok :smile: I made Dundee my firm since it seems to ease students into it. Have you had offers from anywhere?
Reply 3
yeh exactlyy :smile:
yep! from leeds, sheffield and newcastle who want AAB and then leedsmet and manchestermet who want BBB. Thinking of firming newcastle and Leedsmet as insurance but really not sure! argh its so scary deciding!
what's your insurance?
Reply 4
Original post by Jess9418
yeh exactlyy :smile:
yep! from leeds, sheffield and newcastle who want AAB and then leedsmet and manchestermet who want BBB. Thinking of firming newcastle and Leedsmet as insurance but really not sure! argh its so scary deciding!
what's your insurance?

Dundee want ABB and Belfast want AAA and Cardiff want BBB but I prefer Dundee :smile: I live in Newcastle and have a few friends at the Uni, they enjoy it :smile:

Probably going to firm Dundee and put Cardiff as Insurance :smile:
Hi replying a bit late, I'm in the same boat, applied for queens, just wondering you have any advice or reading recommendations, thanks.
Original post by teatreeninja
Hi replying a bit late, I'm in the same boat, applied for queens, just wondering you have any advice or reading recommendations, thanks.

Hi there! It might be a good idea to create a new thread about this, either in the Psychology or Queens forum. This thread is a bit old and you might not get an answer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest