Turn on thread page Beta

Which should i retake watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok i got my AS module results and they were really bad, i didn't do well due to personal reasons,

I got a D in foundation chemistry
    An E in core princeples (biology)

I'm definitely resitting Biology, but i'm not sure about chemistry cos i'm pretty sure i'll do well on the other modules

What do you think, what shall i do

ReputationRep:
    What are you going to take for A2...?

I was planning to retake chemistry as I dropped in a month ago. So I'll be doing 3 A2 & 1 AS. It really depends how many subjects and if you think you will definatly improve if you retake. But overall, your A-levels is both AS & A2 results together, no-one wil known your AS result....

In the end it's up to you....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    Ok i got my AS module results and they were really bad, i didn't do well due to personal reasons,

I'm definitely resitting Biology, but i'm not sure about chemistry cos i'm pretty sure i'll do well on the other modules

Definetely re-sit because you're always going to do better and not worse
    and what do you have to lose except for money if you're paying for your exams, I'm paying but I'mm still doing them like 10 times or something...anyway anything below C is not really counted cuz you failed...

ReputationRep:

I would resit....unless you think it will affect the other exams (A2s?) that you will be taking in the summer....in which case there's no point.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    anyway anything below C is not really counted cuz you failed...
    For AS/A Level exams, A-E grades are passes.

ReputationRep:
    Retake all of them. These exams are simple compared to some of the later ones (especially in Chemistry) - you should try and get the best marks possible on these easier papers, so that you can afford to not do as well in the harder ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Retake all of them. These exams are simple compared to some of the later ones (especially in Chemistry) - you should try and get the best marks possible on these easier papers, so that you can afford to not do as well in the harder ones.
    Actually...scratch what i said earlier...Mr White's right...i just didn't realise you were doing A2 chem.

Whoops

G

ReputationRep:
    Sorry...

"I didn't do well because of personal reasons"

Made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    Sorry...

"I didn't do well because of personal reasons"

Made me laugh
    That's not a very nice thing to say!!! You shouldn't be so insensitive!

G

ReputationRep:
    What other reasons would it be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    What other reasons would it be?
    Maybe just not doing well cos they didn't work hard enough...personal reasons implies there was something that affected her greatly....i know someone who didn't do as well as they hoped due to personal reasons ast summer....cos of stuff with her dad...i won't say anymore...but needless to say if it happened to anyone....it would be enough to throw you way off!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    That's not a very nice thing to say!!! You shouldn't be so insensitive!

G

Thanks! Personal reasons, meaning my grandmother died 2 weeks before my first exam

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Personal reasons, meaning my grandmother died 2 weeks before my first exam
    Just ignore James_W's comments..they were bang out of order!! :mad:
    (unless he's apologising)

I'm very sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Just ignore James_W's comments..they were bang out of order!! :mad:
    (unless he's apologising)

I'm very sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences.

G
    Hey don't worry i'm not looking for sympathy or anything. Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    Hey don't worry i'm not looking for sympathy or anything. Thanks anyway
    It's ok.

G

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.