Turn on thread page Beta

how does money affect knowledge? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have to do a presentation on this

I believe it certainly limits the knowledge to certain zones of the world. This makes certain languages, like English, will be the language used for discussion and developing knowledge. As knowledge is dependent upon language, it means that the Western world will have an advantage.

It also makes science more knowledge through perception than by reason. When there was less technology and money, people could only reason when they wanted to find out something new. Now, one use equipment to perceive new things. I think this causes us to think less, and use our senses more.

Any opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erling)
    I have to do a presentation on this

I believe it certainly limits the knowledge to certain zones of the world. This makes certain languages, like English, will be the language used for discussion and developing knowledge. As knowledge is dependent upon language, it means that the Western world will have an advantage.

It also makes science more knowledge through perception than by reason. When there was less technology and money, people could only reason when they wanted to find out something new. Now, one use equipment to perceive new things. I think this causes us to think less, and use our senses more.

Any opinions?
    Money affects knowledge - ermmmm......

Money prevents us from learning new skills..... In the UK, somebody's TV might have broke down. They think that they should just dump it and buy a new one... Though traders pick up all the broken TV's and ship them off to... let's say Africa.... then, the educated there easily find the solution to the problem of the TV and sell it - working as good as new. They do not have money to affect them causing them to think with their brains rather than using money to solve problems.

The leader of a country realised that they were too dependant on England and America for everything, yet they were much more intelligent. The leader decided to stop all people from entering that country and to stop anyone coming out. They were given a chance to stay in that country and not come out of it for 10 years, or leave and not come back for ten years. This country, over that period of time, become the most developed country in the world.... it is Japan.

In the UK, we rely on money too much... We seem to think that it solves everything... it deosn't, it prevents knowledge that we could gain.

I hope this helped....

_GáMMá_

ReputationRep:
    Money incourages new knowledge in the form of research and development in technology.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.