Want more information about this university?
Danitayyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey all! I'm so bloody nervous! I have 2 interviews within a week, one for Teeside, and the other at Northumbria.. Really want Northumbria though, much better for me to travel to, and I've heard the programme is amazing!
Any hints or tips for me? I'm looking to start in the September! Are they really as bad as your college tutors tell you? I'm doing an Access Course at Sunderland college, so I'll be a 'mature student'
A very nervous Danielle! Anything would be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
vicky29
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When is your northumbria interview I have mine this Friday. I'm really nervous but I have heard they make you feel very relaxed and informal so hopefully that will ease the nerves. Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
msshutchinson
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The nursing interview at Northumbria is really relaxed and a nice atmosphere! I had mine around a year ago in March and I found the whole interview experience there really great! Glad I got an offer and accepted it too Nursing is a great course to do! Just make sure you read up on the course and current affairs in the NHS and you should be fine :3 Its a group interview and a two on one interview, unless its changed in the year since I had mine.

Now for the Teesside one, I know it's a good University and all that, but the interview was horrible! You sit around for a while, then do your maths exam and then sit some more until they put you in a tiny tiny room just you and two tutors. Horrible horrible horrible. (and don't get me wrong, the tutors interviewing you are nice, but its the atmosphere that was generally horrible, not to mention its 'if' you get in when they talk to you, not 'when' you get in which is what Northumbria tutors said)

Good luck for your interviews though, both of you
Danitayyy
Rep:
?
Mine is Friday 15th, I'm not even doing anything for valentines day haha, just incase I end up hungover! Good luck for yours!
I definitely want Northumbria over Teeside! I've heard that about the interviews at Middlesbrough.
Are you enjoying the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Danitayyy
Rep:
?
Reading up n the current affairs within the NHS, I could use the guardian and the I paper for that? And I'll have a look at the course all over again

Posted from TSR Mobile
vicky29
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thank you I have read up as much as I can don't want to over prepare as well though so it's hard to get the balance right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Danitayyy
Rep:
?
Yeah, I've had a quick look at articles and stuff, I'll have a proper look this week because I'll be able to take in more

Posted from TSR Mobile
msshutchinson
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Danitayyy)
Mine is Friday 15th, I'm not even doing anything for valentines day haha, just incase I end up hungover! Good luck for yours!
I definitely want Northumbria over Teeside! I've heard that about the interviews at Middlesbrough.
Are you enjoying the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I am Just finished my first placement and back in for lectures on tuesday. Defiantly a good course to do!

The guardian would work, yeah. Anything with a health sector. I used the BBC website for it but it all reports the same thing!
annalo123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've just got an offer for adult nursing for September start, the selection event was yesterday! I'm so happy, definitely going to firm it can't wait I just want to start now) has anybody else got an offer yet? Anna x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
EliciaCook
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey when was your interview? The wait is driving me crazy! Well done on your offer. Northumbria is a really competitive uni for nursing so you've done so well! Did you have any previous experience in the field? Also regarding Teesside, I have my interview a week today. Is it really intense? I've heard mixed reviews!
(Original post by annalo123)
I've just got an offer for adult nursing for September start, the selection event was yesterday! I'm so happy, definitely going to firm it can't wait I just want to start now) has anybody else got an offer yet? Anna x

annalo123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by EliciaCook)
Hey when was your interview? The wait is driving me crazy! Well done on your offer. Northumbria is a really competitive uni for nursing so you've done so well! Did you have any previous experience in the field? Also regarding Teesside, I have my interview a week today. Is it really intense? I've heard mixed reviews!
Hi my interview for northumbria was the 18th of January! So it took them just under 2 weeks to get back to me For work experience I haven't had loads I've did experience in nurserys and schools a few times and I volunteered in a care home once a week for 14 weeks! But none of my interviewers have ever focused the topic to talk about around work experience! And I've had my interview at teeside in December everyone finds out in March for there and yeah it was quite intense I found the maths test easy as it was just the same as the one they sent me just with different numbers! I found the interviewers to be very serious I much preferred northumbria as they were much more friendly and relaxed! Hope this helps. Anna😄

EliciaCook
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mine was the 20th so hopefully not long now! How long was your interview at Teesside? Did they say what would you do in this situation or was it similar questions to those at Northumbria individual interview?
Hi my interview for northumbria was the 18th of January! So it took them just under 2 weeks to get back to me For work experience I haven't had loads I've did experience in nurserys and schools a few times and I volunteered in a care home once a week for 14 weeks! But none of my interviewers have ever focused the topic to talk about around work experience! And I've had my interview at teeside in December everyone finds out in March for there and yeah it was quite intense I found the maths test easy as it was just the same as the one they sent me just with different numbers! I found the interviewers to be very serious I much preferred northumbria as they were much more friendly and relaxed! Hope this helps. Anna������

annalo123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mine was the 20th so hopefully not long now! How long was your interview at Teesside? Did they say what would you do in this situation or was it similar questions to those at Northumbria individual interview?
At teeside we sat about for ages after the maths test waiting for the result, we then all got allocated a time for interview (only if u pass the maths tho) that ranged from 11 in the morning til 4 in the afternoon I was lucky and only had to wait 15 mins until my interview but this one girl who I was talking to had her interview at half past 3 so had to wait a further 4 and a half hours!! It was a bit of a nightmare:/ oh and we had a scenario question after the maths test everyone's was different but mine was on a man who was physically and verbally aggressive to nursing staff we just had to explain what we would do in this situation! So the maths and written scenario were very simple, nothing to worry about I'd say! And as for the individual interviews they asked me the usual questions why nursing, what qualities I have etc and what I would like to go into after the nursing degree! But a lot of other people who ha there's before me said their interviews were really hard they said they got asked questions and had to ask them to rephrase them so it all depends on what interviewer you get I guess but just prepare for everything and you'll be fine!!
P.s when asked a question by the interviewers don't say you don't know as it will be an automatic rejection so just give it a go and guess not everything you say will be completely wrong haha! Hope this helps and good luck with your interview

EliciaCook
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah I know not to say I don't know. That could possibly be the worst answer to any interview question coz it just shows one lack of knowledge and two that you haven't bothered to prepare. Will just have to see on the day! It was like that a Northumbria, some groups got asked three questions we discussed quite a lot in ours
no news yet from Northumbria, I hope we don't have to wait for another selection day slot.... I think I'm going to be rejected just would rather know sooner! How long was your actual interview at Teesside

Thanks for all your help! Hopefully ill pass maths, that's what I'm most worried over! The practice one I did okay. It's 12/15 pass mark isn't it, so hopefully it goes ok.
At teeside we sat about for ages after the maths test waiting for the result, we then all got allocated a time for interview (only if u pass the maths tho) that ranged from 11 in the morning til 4 in the afternoon I was lucky and only had to wait 15 mins until my interview but this one girl who I was talking to had her interview at half past 3 so had to wait a further 4 and a half hours!! It was a bit of a nightmare:/ oh and we had a scenario question after the maths test everyone's was different but mine was on a man who was physically and verbally aggressive to nursing staff we just had to explain what we would do in this situation! So the maths and written scenario were very simple, nothing to worry about I'd say! And as for the individual interviews they asked me the usual questions why nursing, what qualities I have etc and what I would like to go into after the nursing degree! But a lot of other people who ha there's before me said their interviews were really hard they said they got asked questions and had to ask them to rephrase them so it all depends on what interviewer you get I guess but just prepare for everything and you'll be fine!!
P.s when asked a question by the interviewers don't say you don't know as it will be an automatic rejection so just give it a go and guess not everything you say will be completely wrong haha! Hope this helps and good luck with your interview

annalo123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah I know not to say I don't know. That could possibly be the worst answer to any interview question coz it just shows one lack of knowledge and two that you haven't bothered to prepare. Will just have to see on the day! It was like that a Northumbria, some groups got asked three questions we discussed quite a lot in ours
no news yet from Northumbria, I hope we don't have to wait for another selection day slot.... I think I'm going to be rejected just would rather know sooner! How long was your actual interview at Teesside

Thanks for all your help! Hopefully ill pass maths, that's what I'm most worried over! The practice one I did okay. It's 12/15 pass mark isn't it, so hopefully it goes ok.
You probably will have to wait for the next selection day unfortunately! You'll probably have a very long wait! My interview at teeside was 20 mins long it goes really fast! And yeah the pass mark is 12 out of 15 and you'll be fine don't worry about it too much! Good luck

Danitayyy
Rep:
?

Well done! I'm nervous for both of mine now, what kind of questions do they ask? M friend just got told he's got a conditional offer got March 2014, along with another girl in our class. I rally want the September intake. Do they go on age or anything for the two intakes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
annalo123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Danitayyy)
Well done! I'm nervous for both of mine now, what kind of questions do they ask? M friend just got told he's got a conditional offer got March 2014, along with another girl in our class. I rally want the September intake. Do they go on age or anything for the two intakes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are very easy questions just the usual just make sure you let everyone in your group have a say! And they'll love you, make sure you get in buzz words like holistic care, empowerment, confidentiality, respect dignity etc they love that!! And I was nervous about that to because I didn't want march and the head lecturer of nursing said they do look at age as most young people want to start in September but she said if you want a specific one then say to your interviewer that the head lecturer has told you to say that if your given a offer you'd prefer September! But one thing she did say that made me sway towards saying march (but I didn't in the end) was the fact that the people who start in march will get a job much quicker at te end of the three years because there's more jobs available at that time of year or something haha! Good luck with your interview you'll be fine

Grace_Ox0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi!
I had my interview last month, honestly its nothing to worry about at all!
There isnt a maths test PHEEEEW!
The literacy/comprehension is really really easy you just have to watch a video clip and write a very short essay on it.
You get a group interview with about 4 other people, its more of a little discussion and isnt scary at all.
then you will leave the room and be called back for another individual interview.
this is where you will probs say why you want to do the course and what skills you have, which you should know really well by now, and then they ask if you have any questions MAKE SURE YOU ASK SOMETHING, IT SHOWS INTEREST!!!
the day only lasted around 2 hours (including a long break)
its really nothing to worry about and was completely laid back and friendly nothing like a normal interview at all
and i got myself an offer!

good luck everyone
vicky29
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Had my interview last Friday 1st February and they said next selection day is 13th February. Really just want to know now don't like this waiting.
Anyone know how long after the selection day you hear from them and is it via email or ucas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Danitayyy
Rep:
?
Looks like I'll be waiting til the end of Feb for mine as my interview is the 15th! Mine for teeside is tomorrow, Sickk! HA!
How did you find the Northumbria one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (484)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (594)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (295)
20.51%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed