The Student Room Group

(Not) Arsey's M3 Edexcel Jan 13 Model Answers (In first post)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cellar Door
This went better than I thought it would :biggrin:

Quite an easy paper I thought, at least compared to the others.

I think I got the first 6 questions mostly right, except for maybe 1 accuracy mistake so maybe dropped 3 marks on that...

Then I think I got all the method marks on the last question, and maybe the right answer to part c), can't remember, so hopefully I dropped another 3 marks or so there...

Hopefully that'll be about 90%?

I did C4 then M3 one after the other and actually found M3 a lot easier oddly :s

The thing with this paper was that there was a "show that" at the start of every question, which meant that there were a lot of marks you could be comfortable you'd got, and had more time to check the other questions.
Original post by DJMayes
The thing with this paper was that there was a "show that" at the start of every question, which meant that there were a lot of marks you could be comfortable you'd got, and had more time to check the other questions.

This is true. That was nice.
Reply 22
Ah yeah, sorry, assumed it was the circular motion one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just out of interest does anyone know how many people sat this paper?
Original post by gaffer dean
M3 Mark scheme is out, see attached.

Thanks, looks like I got 65-69/75; I hope the examiners are generous and award me most of the method marks for the questions I got wrong. I've got a funny feeling that the boundaries are going to be sky high, and I might not even get an A :s:
Original post by Mastermind2
Thanks, looks like I got 65-69/75; I hope the examiners are generous and award me most of the method marks for the questions I got wrong. I've got a funny feeling that the boundaries are going to be sky high, and I might not even get an A :s:

65-69 should be mid A, don't worry i'm sure you got an A, Good luck with your results. :smile:
Original post by Mastermind2

It'll be an A. The paper was a comparatively easy one but this is still M3.
Reply 27
Sorry to bump but could somebody explain to me on question 5b, how do you know to that the distance root3/8 is between O and B and not between O and A?
Reply 28
Original post by Arsey
Here are some model answers to the M3 thread

Hey Arsey :smile:

Can you please upload the solutions to the june 2013 M3 paper? :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by *mike
Sorry to bump but could somebody explain to me on question 5b, how do you know to that the distance root3/8 is between O and B and not between O and A?

Just going over this paper; I'll post this for anyone looking in the future.

Find the number of periods that have passed when t = 2 by 2 / (6/5) = 1.666... The introduction tells you that the particle is moving through O towards A at t = 2, so just count 1.67 periods and see where the particle ends up. After 1 period it'll be back at O; after another 0.5, it'll be going in the other direction through O, so after another 0.166 you know that it will be between O and B.

There might be a more obvious way of doing this. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending