The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Would you rather have a son or a daughter? (poll)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Probably son.
Original post by MoonsLoveChild
Daughter, I feel like it's easier to help a girl have good morals in today's society than it is to help a boy have good morals.

:confused:
How?? That's a pretty misandric comment to make. Son, daughter still love them.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Lol intresting to see the poll is almost 50:50 at the mo
Original post by jreid1994
:confused:
How?? That's a pretty misandric comment to make. Son, daughter still love them.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh don't get me wrong I wont both. I kinda meant the 1st child I want, as I feel it would be easier with a girl
50/50 exactly? Interesting results :holmes:

Edit: aww man, now it's not 50/50 anymore :sad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Indifferent.
Oh don't get me wrong I wont both. I kinda meant the 1st child I want, as I feel it would be easier with a girl

I don't understand? I mean wouldn't both be as easy to raise as eachother? Like if you have a boy or a girl, don't they both get raised the way you want them to be raised?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im indifferent BUT I'd overall probs got to say son, because you can relate more and there's the whole "Mummys boy" "Daddys girl" thing :tongue:

For some reason, I think parents seem to sympathise more with children of the opposite gender to them :smile:

I mean, if I do any thing wrong, the first person I talk to is my Mum and if my sister does something wrong, she goes to my dad

Due to my dad's job, we haven't really been close :frown:
I don't understand? I mean wouldn't both be as easy to raise as eachother? Like if you have a boy or a girl, don't they both get raised the way you want them to be raised?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand why are you trying to pic holes and such. In my experience it's easier for girls to have morals than boys. Plain and simple. I am not saying I wouldn't raise them the same or love them differently.
Reply 30
Son because I can teach him the ways of life :') girls are pretty disgusting creatures as they grow up tbh..

My 9 year old little princess of a cousin once spat in my mums face.
I don't understand why are you trying to pic holes and such. In my experience it's easier for girls to have morals than boys. Plain and simple. I am not saying I wouldn't raise them the same or love them differently.

I'm just curious as to why you think that. I mean everyone else says simple or silly things like because I can dress them up or because then I can watch football with them I just though it was an unusual observation, really. I mean there is no wrong or right on what baby you'd like to have first but, I was just curious as to why you personally felt that way. Don't shoot me. :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
It seems that mainly males have chosen sons and females daughters. I honestly don't care but for the purpose of this thread I'll say daughter.
I'd rather have a surprise. I have no preference, I'd rather have a surprise and love them for whoever they are. Even if I only have the girliest of girls or even gay kids.
a daughter so I could embarrass her like ****
Reply 35
Son - I'd be able to relate much more. Plus I would hate every bf my daughter would bring home.
I'm just curious as to why you think that. I mean everyone else says simple or silly things like because I can dress them up or because then I can watch football with them I just though it was an unusual observation, really. I mean there is no wrong or right on what baby you'd like to have first but, I was just curious as to why you personally felt that way. Don't shoot me. :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, all the boys I know very well started life saying 'I would never do this' 'I disagree with that' then grew up and started saying things like 'I would do this if...'
All the girls I know have never changed.
I know there are exceptions, but I have strong morals myself and know that whatever child I have will also have strong morals (it's important to me that they do) but, I feel, it would be the boy that changes those morals for a price.
I know I don't have the conventional outlook and opinions, I just get defensive a lot, as I am always second guessed by people that fail to be bothered to try and understand and see someone else's opinions for once. (not aimed at you)
Well, all the boys I know very well started life saying 'I would never do this' 'I disagree with that' then grew up and started saying things like 'I would do this if...'
All the girls I know have never changed.
I know there are exceptions, but I have strong morals myself and know that whatever child I have will also have strong morals (it's important to me that they do) but, I feel, it would be the boy that changes those morals for a price.
I know I don't have the conventional outlook and opinions, I just get defensive a lot, as I am always second guessed by people that fail to be bothered to try and understand and see someone else's opinions for once. (not aimed at you)

Yeah boys do have a habit of things like that, I'd say at least you were honest. I was just thinking that you were saying girls were morally superior which I really thought was confusing, really.

But although sometimes I do think that in one way the boys may sometimes sound morally inferior, in reality they actually could just be starkly honest about things that would push them over the edge, or then again the girls are right and the boys are wrong for their choices about that, depends on how you look at it really.

I'm honestly not arguing or debating or trying to belittle your decision as it's unethical, I was just wondering why you perceived as morally correct or incorrect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly, a son.

I'm not a girl-y person myself, I worry that a daughter might grow up to be into clothes, make-up, dating, etc ... and she'd expect to be able to relate more to me, when I'm not like that. A lot of my interests are more traditionally masculine, but there'd also be less expectations of sharing a lot of interests with a son.

But if I ever did have a child, I wouldn't be upset if I had a daughter and not a son.
A son to inherit my lordship!!:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending