What's considered as bad attendance?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Emily Green
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
What do you think counts as bad attendance?
dave_r_1986
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
It depends how you measure it - the total number of days missed or number of occasions. Also any trends in absence might be noted, for example if you always skived on a Monday.

I think in education the trigger for any kind of disciplinary action is generally attendance <80%.
chestycougth
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Below 80%, you should expect a warning. If you miss several days in a row without a reason when you already have low attendance then you should expect the education welfare officer to come over and take you into school. Your parent's can also call him up if you refuse to go. Once you get below about 60 - 50% then the school will try to cooperate with you in an attempt to improve your attendance. Schools will rarely prosecute but it depends on the school.
If you can manage good grades quite easily (A*, A, B) then it shouldn't affect your performance much, except in BTEC subjects and other practical based courses.
I had 30% attendance last year and still managed AABBC in the 5 exams that I sat, but if you struggle with exams as it is then I would recommend that you stay in school.
Chlorophile
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
My school counts anything below 95% as 'bad'. Not that it means anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blair Waldorf
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Chlorophile)

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's crazy.
lonelybrummie
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Chlorophile)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same as mine, I nearly got kicked out of school for having 89% attendance.
lonelybrummie
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Blair Waldorf)
That's crazy.
My school believes the more days you're here the better grades you'll get, which is partly true. However, they most likely do it so they look better through reports and examinations.
concubine
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Mine was something around 70% during year 10/11.

They *****ed and moaned all the time, and then I got better GCSEs than any other male in my year.

Ho hum.
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I have an 88 right now because i missed like a week but managed to get most of my work made up, and I'm moving on, but my school wants to tell me do this so you can have good grades, what? I get that I should in present, but hwen I'm going through something right now, that feels a bit wrong to penalize me for it
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
That's crazy.
Understood, now they're giving me attendance school when i literally finish mostly ALL of my work and I emailed twice but it's just hopeless because they're not gonna listen and I hade three filed excuses from a optician and mental healthcare clinic
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by lonelybrummie)
My school believes the more days you're here the better grades you'll get, which is partly true. However, they most likely do it so they look better through reports and examinations.
Yeah that's true, and they tell you so this, but when ypu finished your work though, i don't know how to argue with that
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
That's crazy.
Yeesh, an attendance record is important, however it feels too minimal and tell you it's a big deal, catching in missing work is no fun but i had to to pass
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by chestycougth)
Below 80%, you should expect a warning. If you miss several days in a row without a reason when you already have low attendance then you should expect the education welfare officer to come over and take you into school. Your parent's can also call him up if you refuse to go. Once you get below about 60 - 50% then the school will try to cooperate with you in an attempt to improve your attendance. Schools will rarely prosecute but it depends on the school.
If you can manage good grades quite easily (A*, A, B) then it shouldn't affect your performance much, except in BTEC subjects and other practical based courses.
I had 30% attendance last year and still managed AABBC in the 5 exams that I sat, but if you struggle with exams as it is then I would recommend that you stay in school.
To be honest, i agree, but i did pretty welll to catch up and they still won't leave me alone aboht my attendance when i had to pass the semester and move on to do better
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by lonelybrummie)
Same as mine, I nearly got kicked out of school for having 89% attendance.
wtf? They nearly kicked you out...because you were absent for a few days? I don't get it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (119)
41.9%
Not yet, but I will soon (53)
18.66%
No (112)
39.44%

Watched Threads