The Student Room Group

Coke or Pepsi?

the age old argument...:biggrin:

Personally, I'm a 'coca cola all the way' person. Pepsi loses its fizziness too quickly and it tastes kind of ... well, OFF. What is your preference? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Between the 2 I'd say Coke. Dr pepper is my favourite though.
Reply 2
Water.
Reply 3
Good old Coca Cola :biggrin: nothing beats it for an all round drink :smile:
BUT, if I had to have a 'diet' one, it'd have to be Pepsi Max, actually tastes half decent unlike Diet Coke

(p.s. anyone remember Pepsi Max Cino?)
Reply 4
Probs coke. I know both aren't healthy, but Pepsi actually has more sugar in it.
I like Pepsi . Now also drinking one . Actually , chemically speaking they are the same . Right ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both have alarming amount's of sugar.

I used to have coke when I was in secondary school, like there was no tomorrow.

Cut out on it though, but I'd go with coke. There's something just unique about it.
Original post by xxm
Between the 2 I'd say Coke. Dr pepper is my favourite though.

I'm with this answer :3

I think Pepsi just always tastes a bit flat. If you're going to have a sugary fizzy drink, may aswell do it properly :wink:
I think I must be one of very few people who can't taste the difference between the two! I'm drinking Pepsi right now, but it's not because I have a dislike for Coke. Personally I think Dr Pepper > Coke and Pepsi.
I defiantely love coke more! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by katehlouise
I'm with this answer :3

I think Pepsi just always tastes a bit flat. If you're going to have a sugary fizzy drink, may aswell do it properly :wink:

I totally agree, I thought it was just me! It's fizzy when you first open it and goes flat in seconds!
Tbh, I can't tell the difference between both :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
There's definitely a difference, then again you may not drink as much as me haha
Between the two its got to be Coke, pepsi has an off taste .. however my favourite is Pepsi-Max
pepsi and unlike most who claimed to like one better than the other, i actually can tell (we did a test at uni in food science and i was the only one that got it right every time)

pepsi has more caramel in it so is sweeter than coke, which just taste quite bland and mildly spicy for some reason
(edited 11 years ago)
Coke, hands down.
Reply 15
Coke by a longshot, but Pepsi with Ice is also acceptable.
Pepsi, although I do like vanilla Coke.
I prefer Coca-Cola, definitely.

Pepsi seems to be targeted slightly more towards the "cheap cola/99p shop" type of market these days, with everything from its latest logo design to the fact that it seems to always be on special offer. Whereas previously I think marketed itself as a direct alternative to Coke, rather than as an inferior product. I think it's beginning to taste that way as well...
(edited 11 years ago)
Pepsi all the way... But it doesn't beat Dr Pepper :cool:
If we're talking the full-fat versions then Coke, although more than one and your teeth could be used as an extra in a George Romero feature.

But if you're including diet drinks then absolutely Pepsi Max is the best.

Quick Reply

Latest